Sign in to follow this  
Darmic1

Farmer's Boy Light Tractor and Attachments

Thanks guys! Yes, I am very pleased with it, and of course my neighbours love it! Why wouldn't they? Considering I fix most of their garden stuff too......... they don't have a choice! Lol!!!

It's a private road Nigel, residents only........ Can't have any old 'riff raff' hanging about????

Fitted the scythe mower again today to measure up for a belt....... Just what is the correct way to work out how long a belt is required???? Well, I just cut a length of string, went around the pulleys until it met up and marked the overlap....... So at least I now know how long a piece of string is! Lol!!!

Here's the belt fitted and the patented toe nail clipper, I mean scythe mower in action!

2 hours ago, Darmic1 said:

It's a private road Nigel, residents only........ Can't have any old 'riff raff' hanging about????

That's Nigel stuffed. :D

That looks like a H&S bods nightmare, Darren.  Love it. :thumbs:

Great work Darren:bow: You should be pleased with the result.

That Scythe attachment look's a real piece of a beast. Good to see a machine with loads of Attachments.

:thumbs:

Edit- Your car takes me back to 2004 and my ST220 loved it, but was a Point earner :ph34r:

Love my ST, its the derv 2.2 powered version...... 40+ mpg driven like a loon, almost 60 on a run! But it seems to have a love affair with my £££'s tho...... Clutch, flywheel, rear suspension, crank pulleys and idlers, oh and tyres too!  

Today was my 1st full day on the reassembly, and I was able to get lots of little jobs done. The pulley on the scythe mower was not a good fit to the rotary shaft and had a small wobble. I made a sleeve from some steel tube, slotted it to allow it to clamp tight. Drilled a hole for the clamp bolt and refitted pulley. Pleased to say the 'fix' worked. Next on the list was to measure for a chain to drive the Rotavator attachment and fit it. Also needed to replace a grub screw on the engine pulley which was chewed up before restoration...... 124.jpg.ce115be95104de25a8bcc7d866842b61.jpg125.jpg.234d240fead63f97bd2031e493e60492.jpg

Fitted the tool frame and Hoes 2 days ago, here's the picture of that......

122.jpg.2134ae3949948941fe78c8b5fe7b3fcd.jpg123.jpg.47fc67879bda076fd1d1d9a9ac0f1a7c.jpg

On 19 September 2017 at 6:50 PM, Darmic1 said:

Love my ST, its the derv 2.2 powered version...... 40+ mpg driven like a loon, almost 60 on a run! But it seems to have a love affair with my £££'s tho...... Clutch, flywheel, rear suspension, crank pulleys and idlers, oh and tyres too!  

It's a ford, what do you expect. Best thing I ever did was to get rid of mine. Lol. In all seriousness though, that machine looks awesome. I'd be very surprised if you don't get first place at Newbury. You certainly deserve it with all the time and work you've put into this.

Looks fabulous ..I  really must get to some of the big shows in the Uk to see great restorations like this . The picture of the yours and Gareth's  stunning howard Gem line up really had we wishing i was there!!!