callander ploo-man

Auto culto strip down

Here is todays  progress on the auto culto I have stripped the  yellow paint of  the albion gear box  just to check oil level.

Also started to remove paint from villers engine. also started removing paint from tractor gear box.

Started to strip down the strakes.

20170114_173052.jpg

20170113_223617.jpg

20170113_223417.jpg

Edited by callander ploo-man

Good evening  to all

After along discussion I have decide to christen my new project The Border Reiver.:wub:

Just finished  putting on the first undercoat on Villiers engine just heading back out to shed for some more  sanding down tank straps

I think I will need sunglass when I start to put on the top colours.

I have just opened the blue paint and yellow paint its gonna look braw. just finished  putting on the second coat of  undercoat the night might need third coat tomorrow night

Now the shed is closed  the shed will open tomorrow night @ 5:30pm  and painting will begin.

Well i had a very busy sunday and looks like I have plenty of work to get on with

All that horrible yellow paints gone  :woohoo:

Now going to tackle wheels and remove that horrible silver with nice new blue paint.  Also had help to get the plough ready all bolts have had a run with the taps

to clean threads make bigs difference.:wub:

20170122_141748.jpg

20170122_141857.jpg

Hi All   been busy today and overtime is about to start tonight more stripping  and sanding being done.

The Border Reiver  been  washed cleaned down  prepared for first under coat

Whats going to be the next  project????:P

20170128_161504.jpg

20170128_163949.jpg

20170128_170135.jpg

:thumbs: Hello Callander ploo man excellent progress it will soon be rebuilding time ,  If you want another project I have an old mk1 Allen Scythe in need of a paint job plus I am pretty sure there are some others I could find anyway keep on with overtime   

Hi Rolloman  I Was up early this morning all tin work cleaned off and casing all ready for undercoat. But it wont be tonight maybe another night.

Having a lazy night the night because I gonna have some late nights this week.

Hi

Will I need my sun glasses on for the new paint work at Balbuchty charity match:hide::wub:

Hi 

I hope you do not have Rollo- itis with all this new paint and chrome next you will be putting it on the coffee table and looking at it with your sun glasses on HA HA:goodpost::wub::hide:

You're doing a great job, but can you say how you cleaned off the parts, especially the cylinder head in preparation for painting.

First thing to do get rid of any oil muck grease with stiff brush or scraper  lash on  plenty paraffin  also protect your coils from getting damp when cleaning.

Also let the paraffin soak into the muck grease for about twenty minutes. I sat my engine in deep roasting tin to clean parts 

Don't buy Nitro mors does not work buy a  good quality paint stripper then lash it on with paint brush wait till paint blister  then a sharp scraper

keep lashing on the paint stripper keep scrapping till  its clean like  the photo of gear box.

Then wash down with paraffin then clean down with petrol, because the paraffin leaves traces of oil

Then let the petrol dry of outside.  I used 1/2" paint brush with long bristle to get undercoat between the fins on the cylinder head.

Photo of engine  1st  under coat. after cleaning.

Hope that helps you

20170116_194923(0).jpg