Aquabug

Aquabug surprise!

Yes, I hope someone comes along with a decent offer for my parts. Just to much to ship out with the consideration of weight also. The decal on mine is like the post you just put up before this one. Just plan old Aquabug on an angle. It would not take much to have this one running again. I just have to many things hanging around here. My kids have no interest in any of it either.

Thank you to Wallfish for these Aquabug parts that will go on my second Aquabug.

SAM_3192a.jpg.a769df34ae9670d4123180874f9bbca3.jpg

Here are some pictures of the decals, which are in much better condition than any of the others I have, I will see if I can scan them before fitting the cover (in case anyone wants to use the images to have new decals made);

SAM_3195a.jpg.b6922d6a983f4ef574137234555f6df6.jpg

SAM_3194a.jpg.dd0fabe900bfc9552f173d7b0b830f22.jpg

SAM_3196a.jpg.ca72e43a4299ceacd6121c8ea5a28c05.jpg

David

Hello David,

That is some nice condition motor logo and instructions. It is nice to know that should anyone needs a copy to make a decal these will help quite a load to make new laser printed decals. My collection of parts here in the My Old Motor have not been of much interest. It is to bad as someday if no one offers to buy them and pick them up they all will most likely end up in the scrap yard.

Thanks

Bob

Hello Bob, 

I apologize we haven’t touched base recently but I’m still very interested in your collection of tools and parts. I’m still hoping I can get out to Boston on a business trip and maybe swing by to meet you. Please don’t let anything end up in the scrap yard. We will figure something out even if I have to make a road trip:D

Thanks,

Clint

Clint

Thanks for the interest. I hope you would work something out. I am open to offers. I just do not want to ship  piecemeal as it is a nuisance and I just do not feel like being a salesman packaging and mailing stuff all over the place. Someone comes up with a fair offer I will be happy to let it go.

Thank You

Bob

Thanks Bob!  I gotta get something set up soon so I can get out your way. It’s driving me nuts that I’m not closer to your neck of the woods.

Clint

I may have to look into that option.  I’ve never tried to arrange something like that but I bet there is a business out there that does those sorts of things.

Clint

We have trucking companies around. I have heard other people talk about shipping by truck and heard extremely high prices. Years ago I shipped 3 big boxes of magazines that were 2 piles side by side per box. It was as high as my hand truck handle. It went by FedEx to New Jersey. It was  $75 shipping about 20 years ago. It could be double that now for all I know. Problem is these would not be shipped in cardboard boxes. I think it would be wood boxes for these. Also I never weighed all these items either. Some would have to have there cutting blades removed like chainsaws and hedge trimmers. PITA for me with a lot of handling.

Bob

Bob,

You’re right about shipping costs these days, they’re definitely high. That’s partly why I hope I can work something out for myself to come out your way so I could have time to pack things up properly and deal with blades and stuff like that. I need to look at your photos again to get a better idea of quantity and scale of what all you have.  I’ll keep at it.  The company I work for has an office in Boston so I just need to put together a trip requiring me to come out that way. I could easily arrange a side visit so that I could maybe spend a Friday evening and the better part of a Saturday out at your place getting things packed up.

Clint

On 2/25/2019 at 11:20 PM, neons said:

Years ago I shipped 3 big boxes of magazines that were 2 piles side by side per box. It was as high as my hand truck handle. It went by FedEx to New Jersey. It was  $75 shipping about 20 years ago. It could be double that now for all I know. Problem is these would not be shipped in cardboard boxes. I think it would be wood boxes for these. Also I never weighed all these items either. Some would have to have there cutting blades removed like chainsaws and hedge trimmers. PITA for me with a lot of handling.

I'm not surprised it was that much, paper gets very heavy when you have a lot of it.

And yes I was thinking of a large (or several) wooden packing crates that can be moved as a pallet, there are companies out there that can do this, but I imagine it would be very expensive to do, as it would take a long time for them to pack all the items properly.

Typically it costs over $100 to ship a single O&R tool across to the UK.

David

In my case I have so many things around that I need to move on to a place where someone would appreciate it. I just hate to see

it dumped and lost forever. I just do not have a shipping motivation.

Bob

Bob, 

Understood. I’m getting closer to a number to throw at you for the parts. I’ll do the best I can based on what all I can see in the photos.

I’m curious, do you think all the misc small, loose used and NOS parts that are on the tarp in the photo (not the all saws, trimmers and other tools) would all fit in a large USPS box?  I think if I can make a trip out to your place I could pack the stuff properly and deal with the shipping.

Clint

I believe all the small items would fit in a USPS box. Maybe the boxed items like new tanks and housing parts would take some space.

Bob

Good point, those other larger items like tanks would take up a bit more room.  Ok, good to know - this is all helpful for me to think through the packing and shipping process.

I know true  collectors of old models of cars, boats, trains, and planes any even antique toys value articles more if it has the original packaging in good shape. Some people in the model plane and toys will just buy an empty box. O&R goes way back to WWII with their famous ignition aircraft motors. The cylinders on the compact is a blown up in size image of the old ignition motors. I still have a couple of those. They show up on eBay at times.

Bob

Edited by neons

I have a good O&R 60 and a not to good O&R 23. The 23 was a very good motor. They made a 23 redhead that was pretty powerful.

Bob

I watch those come up on eBay and drool over them.  Maybe one day I’ll finally expand into them as well. Lately I’ve been laser focused on getting my collection going of the 1hp O&R engines and tools.

I also have an OK Herkimer 60 ignition. I have a lot of motors from the early 50's into the 60's. Maybe 150 of them. I would thin them out except it is the same situation of selling and shipping which is a pain as you have seen me say here.  I always liked the O&R utility motor. If there was an adaptive electronic ignition adapted to it I think it would have been an interesting motor for today's old timer style RC model aircraft. It would be lighter without the flywheel. It would be also quite a conversation piece.

Bob

22 hours ago, factory said:

I'm not surprised it was that much, paper gets very heavy when you have a lot of it.

And yes I was thinking of a large (or several) wooden packing crates that can be moved as a pallet, there are companies out there that can do this, but I imagine it would be very expensive to do, as it would take a long time for them to pack all the items properly.

Typically it costs over $100 to ship a single O&R tool across to the UK.

David

Postage is the killer when getting O&R stuff to the UK !

On 3/1/2019 at 2:14 AM, Wallfish said:
On 2/28/2019 at 7:41 PM, pmackellow said:

Postage is the killer when getting O&R stuff to the UK !

Coming this way too. Think I got about 4 imports so far

Same here, but it hasn't stopped me from importing many O&R's from the US and lots of vintage HP test gear from all over the world.

Followed by plenty of trips to Stoke to collect my parcels & pay customs if needed.

It's a shame that ePay's GSP don't like anything engine related any more, as they where often cheaper for larger items, their prices are a joke for small items & literature though.

David