Aquabug

Aquabug surprise!

David,

Thanks for the reply.

It must be a 1hp (not labeled). Okay, I will search ebay for a intake cover. But it seems like it won`t be to hard to make one. What are my options for the diaphragm?

I haven`t tinkered with this for awhile, but would love to get it running. I believe, I cleaned the carb out, replaced the fuel line and cleaned out the gas tank. It has good compression

and will start if sprayed with starter fluid. This motor was given to me over 10 years ago with the manual. Unfortunately my 1700`s farm house took priority over all else.

Screenshot_2019-10-12 thumbnail (JPEG Image, 640 × 853 pixels) - Scaled (70%)(1).png

Screenshot_2019-10-12 thumbnail (JPEG Image, 640 × 480 pixels)(1).png

Screenshot_2019-10-12 thumbnail (JPEG Image, 640 × 480 pixels).png

Screenshot_2019-10-12 (5 unread) - masottadavid yahoo com - Yahoo Mail.png

Screenshot_2019-10-12 thumbnail (JPEG Image, 640 × 853 pixels) - Scaled (70%).png

The engine for the Aquabug is usually a Series 13A Type 246 rated for 1HP.

4 minutes ago, DCM said:

What are my options for the diaphragm?

Depends where you are located, if you are in the US @Webhead or @Wallfish have them, meatballbutch on ebay.com has them too, if you are in Europe I have some from Wallfish.

Thanks for posting some pictures of your Aquabug which looks in nice condition, usually the plastic covers get damaged on these.

I've noticed the carb is missing the needle valve assembly, a screw has been fitted where it normally is, again depending on where you are we maybe able to help.

David

Nice unit looks great!!  I have pic of my outboard it only has a screen and a small cover to hold it on .

Most outboards and snow blower today don't have much for filter there is usually not a lot of dirt.

IMG_2234[1].JPG

David

I live in NH. I`m a novice at engines. Which screw according to the fourth picture. There are 3 screws left, middle or right? 

The largest of the 4 Philips screws in the photo is the one that should be a brass needle valve. It’s the screw that is closest to the heat shield, kind of right near the arm-pit of the heat shield. You can kind of make out the needle valve in the photo that O&R posted.

The best pics are In the carb thread factory or wallfish  can help you  the best I'm still new myself  only started  collecting them a few year's  ago . I have learned a lot in the last few mount's .

Neons that cool don't know if i would get out on the water with that small motor but :thumbs:

39 minutes ago, CNew said:

The largest of the 4 Philips screws in the photo is the one that should be a brass needle valve. It’s the screw that is closest to the heat shield, kind of right near the arm-pit of the heat shield. You can kind of make out the needle valve in the photo that O&R posted.

okay, I was looking in the wrong place

2 minutes ago, DCM said:

I`m assuming this controls the air fuel mixture?

28 minutes ago, neons said:

Here is my son enjoying running around the Cuttyhunk Island harbor with the small O&R outboard I had. It used to push my 3 kids and and 2 of us easily everywhere.

Dinghy - Duane.jpg

Nice calm water out there at Cuttyhunk Island

32 minutes ago, neons said:

Here is my son enjoying running around the Cuttyhunk Island harbor with the small O&R outboard I had. It used to push my 3 kids and and 2 of us easily everywhere.

Dinghy - Duane.jpg

Nice photo Neons, that’s a beautiful area!

15 minutes ago, DCM said:

I`m assuming this controls the air fuel mixture?

Yes. They’re a little finicky sometimes to dial in.

9 minutes ago, CNew said:

Nice photo Neons, that’s a beautiful area!

Yes. They’re a little finicky sometimes to dial in.

Okay, so I will need that part also along with maybe a diaphragm. Who do you use for parts. I tried meatballbutch on ebay but couldn`t find any information. Are these parts available?

Yes, you’ll need the needle valve as well as the diaphragm and gasket. There is a great thread here on rebuilding the carburetor. Hopefully you aren’t missing any of the little pieces inside. Here is a link to the diaphragm from meatballbutch. 
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Ohlsson-Rice-Carburetor-Gasket-Kit/113909901615?hash=item1a858f292f:g:YgoAAOSwLApdkpGV

I don’t know if any sources for parts other than keeping a watch on eBay. This forum is also great and everyone tries to help each other out whenever possible with spares. 

It’s funny and also sad- I bought a NOS needle valve a few months back on eBay but it ended up puncturing a hole in the envelope and getting lost during shipping. All I got was an empty damaged envelop. That was a royal bummer!

18 minutes ago, CNew said:

Yes, you’ll need the needle valve as well as the diaphragm and gasket. There is a great thread here on rebuilding the carburetor. Hopefully you aren’t missing any of the little pieces inside. Here is a link to the diaphragm from meatballbutch. 
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Ohlsson-Rice-Carburetor-Gasket-Kit/113909901615?hash=item1a858f292f:g:YgoAAOSwLApdkpGV

I don’t know if any sources for parts other than keeping a watch on eBay. This forum is also great and everyone tries to help each other out whenever possible with spares. 

It’s funny and also sad- I bought a NOS needle valve a few months back on eBay but it ended up puncturing a hole in the envelope and getting lost during shipping. All I got was an empty damaged envelop. That was a royal bummer!

Oh Damn, that is a bummer!  Thanks for the info.

FYI- here is part of what you need. This not the whole assembly but it is the adjustment needle itself. It’s missing the threaded section it screws into as well as the spring. 
https://www.ebay.com/itm/O-R-O-R-32MM-NEEDLE-PN-18-15/362575423239?hash=item546b2de707:g:b0YAAOSwHGFcgWUz:sc:USPSFirstClass!55347-4224!US!-1

yes, I was quite bummed when that thing got damaged and lost in the mail because they don’t come up for sale very often. I think I’ve seen 2 NOS adjustment needles come up on eBay over the last year and that was one of them...

I think  have a spear  just message  me with an address and  I'll send you one . wallfish/factory/webhead  may be able to

help with diaphragms they helped me out . This guy's here are great they don't get any better.

I’ll second that Just O&R!  This group is awesome and Wallfish, Factory and Webhead are extremely knowledgeable and helpful. I’m always learning and having fun! 

I might be able to help you with a diaphragm too but it’ll be a few weeks since all my stuff is packed up for a move across the country. Just keep us posted what you decide to do. The eBay option with meatballbutch is also a fair price for the gasket, diaphragm and little valve piece if you’re looking to get it quickly.

:WMOM:

If Just O&R can't hook you up, order the needle off ebay and I have the other half of the valve assembly.  Joe @Webhead might have a NOS valve but he has sold most of his parts stash.

I don't have many diaphragms left so best to get them off the seller on epay

Ive got a few valve Assembly's Ill will get he one.  John I was going to get with you on a few diaphragms  i'm

getting in the Rhythm on getting this things going. Only about 15 to go!! 

:sorry:I'll get him one

10 minutes ago, Wallfish said:

:WMOM:

If Just O&R can't hook you up, order the needle off ebay and I have the other half of the valve assembly.  Joe @Webhead might have a NOS valve but he has sold most of his parts stash.

I don't have many diaphragms left so best to get them off the seller on epay

Okay, I honestly didn`t expect all these replies.

Just now, JUST O&R said:

Ive got a few valve Assembly's Ill will get he one.  John I was going to get with you on a few diaphragms  i'm

getting in the Rhythm on getting this things going. Only about 15 to go!! 

I have a sheet of material and just need to send it to be lasered into little diaphragms.

1 minute ago, DCM said:

Okay, I honestly didn`t expect all these replies.

Me either, LoL.

You got hooked up!

16 hours ago, JUST O&R said:

I think  have a spear  just message  me with an address and  I'll send you one . wallfish/factory/webhead  may be able to

help with diaphragms they helped me out . This guy's here are great they don't get any better.

Edit by Factory: It's best to send personal details such as addresses/phone numbers etc. using private messages (PM), this can be found using the letter symbol at the top of the page if using a PC, or in the menu (three bars) if using a tablet/phone.

Edited by factory

JustO&R,  

I have some diaphragm material. Maybe we can go in together and get a batch laser cut by Eric. It’ll have to be after my move but between us I think we could get 50 or so made.