Aquabug

Aquabug surprise!

On 10/13/2019 at 6:05 PM, DCM said:

Okay, I honestly didn`t expect all these replies.

DCM,

Did you get the diaphragm and needle assembly you were needing?  I lost track of this thread while I was moving. Hopefully you have everything you need to get your Aquabug up and running. Looking forward to hearing how the project is going.

Looks very good Paul, what happened to the damaged tank?

I now have some more information for the Aquabug's to scan in at some point. :)

David

1 hour ago, factory said:

Looks very good Paul, what happened to the damaged tank?

I now have some more information for the Aquabug's to scan in at some point. :)

David

Still got that in a box upstairs David :)

Oh good, any Aquabug information always useful thanks ! :thumbs:

Paul

I did get this Aquabug running recently. I bought the gasket and diaphragm on ebay. I do have question on if anyone knows where i can purchase a throttle handle. The aquabug runs and sounds good but has a small leak coming from part of the carburetor, see in picture, i don't know what its called. any advice would be helpful. Also the starter pulley return sounds like it needs lubrication its slow to return and makes a lot of noise any advice would help. I`m sorry I haven`t responded because I just worked on it a couple of weeks ago. If it wasn`t for all your advice and help, I never would have got this running.

IMG_1376(1).jpg

IMG_1368.jpg

IMG_1369.jpg

Difficult to find throttle and cable for that. You're going to have to get creative like using a mini bike throttle kit.

That leak is at the governor spring. Fuel shouldn't be passing the little ball bearing check valve in the carb unless the engine is running. When running it shouldn't be leaking because all the fuel is being sucked into the engine to run. You might have to pull the carb apart and clean the bearing and seat real well because it should seal. Or replace that bearing too

Okay, I will try cleaning first. Are the parts available if needed? I`m assuming the ball bearing check valve is one piece with no actual ball bearing. Could it also actually be its getting too much fuel and the needle valve needs to be adjusted? Also the recoil pull cord is sluggish or slow and sounds like it needs lubrication or something. Throttle handle is broken but functional. It has a clamp around it, but want to be prepared in case it breaks. Thank you for responding its been four years since I first  and last posted, i never really had the time to work on it. If you click on my DCM link it should take you to my post of the motor running. i couldn`t fit in this post.