Potash123

Hedge Trimmer Ryobi

Hope I have this in the right section. I am looking at this for an old mate. It is just out of warranty. Would not start this seaon, spark plug he said ?? There is in fact no fuel getting to the plug at all. I cleaned the carb as per a You-tube short film. Still no fuel. I fitted a brand new carb which was bought for another job. Still have a totally dry spark plug. Help please and happy Easter. 

I am no expert on these engines but in the past have found several common faults.

I presume it is 2 stroke.

The fuel pick up pipe in the tank often has a small filter on it which may have gummed up.

The fuel pick up pipe in the tank may have softened and collapsed.

The the pipe into the tank may have a pin hole and is not pressurising the fuel to encourage the feed.

Neil

Thank you, I have tested these tubes and have loads of pressure from what I can see. I will change the tubes in any event just in case. Thank you.

Just make sure your long pipe the pick up one is connected the right way round I take it there is a primer bulb on the carburettor and not a separate one as they can easily be connected up wrong