Hi guys, I am a new one in this forum.

I was looking for info on this engine, and stumbled upon this topic on myoldmachine!

I think this is a 22cc P7 engine.
I even have the box of this machine still, and because of this I know it was the engine drill.

My late father bought this engine at a dump store and took a lot of stuff off it. Everything het took off isn't here anymore...
His intention was, that this 22 cc would be used for a big RC model aeroplane. In hose days there were no model engines of this size available.

He made an adapter to fit a glow plug in the cylinder head, thats maybe why there is no ignition on it.

Unfortunately, between the 60's and today, a lot has happened to the storage of the engine.
The carburettor and ignition have been lost over the years.
Everything I do have, and that is what you see on the pics, is in pretty good shape.
I'm a model airplane builder myself and it seems fantastic to me to get this P7 working for a big scale model.

The quality of the heavy crankshaft with counterweight (read; very good flywheel effect) and the construction of the crankcase, cylinder head etc, is in my opinion great!

I see in this topic several pictures where I see the carburettor on it which was originally on it.

Are there any people that can help me finding such a carb, and possibly the parts that are needed to make the ignition complete?

Maybe it would be better if I put a CDI ignition on it for reliability, but that of course would detract from the originality...

Thank you very much for your efforts in responding!

IMG_8170.jpg.a8519b2699401a7d04945654eebd175a.jpgIMG_8173.jpg.cf5fa49d95e6ece1294b9a30e75e24fb.jpgIMG_8172.jpg.388347ae91a96bbba03896c8ed039be9.jpgIMG_8171.jpg.183483d5e14762937f6fa4b15ff73d6c.jpgIMG_8174.jpg.88dcca57c0016b84d1d7633182b338af.jpgIMG_6242.jpeg.ef303dd3dd56b6f56ee24357228c1558.jpegIMG_6243.jpeg.c0052a1ee3c54de27955ab8e8958ccec.jpeg

Hi papawinner, your engine looks to be the earlier type, if you look at your top photo look at the lower right side crankcase screw and there is a small v cast recess in the crankcase near Thea screw which is the same as my earlier engines, also I have noticed the two screws that hold the carb manifold are the smaller type as with the early engines I have, so I suggest you have an early type engine? Same as the the one on the right in my pic. I think your engine would have had a diaphragm carb and would have been a P72? Parts are very hard to come by. Good luck with your project. I am in Australia and do have some spare engines that I would sell, but postage overseas is expensive. Cheers Tom

A71590D1-29DE-4695-904A-8CF94DC82B0A.png

Tom, great that you respond so quickly, i can see the difference between the former model and the other. It does sound logical that it would have had a diaphragm carb instead of a float carb.

I have a vacuum Walbro WYJ type with barrel throttle lying around that might fit. I see that I do miss the intake manifold which is attached to the membrane intake assembly.

But I am still very curious about the original diaphragm carb...

and oh yes Tom, my first name is Winfried :)