nigel

Kubota 7100 1978 project

Just had a look through the Cheffins online catalogue for this Monday, only a couple of 4 cyl engines in. They frequently have the 3 cyl engines in the auction. Iv'e seen them go for around £100 or so.

Just had a look at tractor data.com the engine is a 750D

20 minutes ago, ranger said:

Just had a look through the Cheffins online catalogue for this Monday, only a couple of 4 cyl engines in. They frequently have the 3 cyl engines in the auction. Iv'e seen them go for around £100 or so.

Keep your eye out for me doug

5 hours ago, nigel said:

Actually tractor data list the engine a D750-A, not trying to be picky, but I already got it a little wrong myself working from old memory files

Well good and bad news got her running engine sounds sweet, so took the head off and I think I should be able to repair the split 

IMG_1002.JPG

IMG_1014.JPG

IMG_1015.JPG

IMG_1016.JPG

IMG_1017.JPG

IMG_1018.JPG

IMG_1019.JPG

IMG_1020.JPG

Broke stud of:( but should be able to get it out

IMG_1021.JPG

Then I knew I had a weeping core plug but on closer inspection showed some very odd , if you look where I have drawn the arrow some Cornish farmer has drilled a hole and inserted a screw?

IMG_1026.JPG

IMG_1027.JPG

IMG_1028.JPG

So I thought ok,! Let's take the starter motor off and have a look at the other two core plugs ! Now blimey I've seen some and done some bodges in my time but this takes the biscuit a big lump of wood rammed into the core plug hole ;)

IMG_1029.JPG

IMG_1030.JPG

IMG_1031.JPG

IMG_1032.JPG

IMG_1033.JPG

IMG_1034.JPG

Last Picts are engine numbers

IMG_1022.JPG

IMG_1023.JPG

IMG_1024.JPG

On 9/29/2017 at 2:54 PM, nigel said:

WOW, the previous owner must have been a street sweepers apprentice. I thought I had seen some hacked and buggered tractors, but Nigel it will be hard to knock your tractor out of first place. Actually tractor data list the engine a a D750-A

22 minutes ago, Stormin said:

I would assume by the bodges, it had be left with no antifreeze in one winter. :rolleyes:

Probably the reason for the wooden core plug Norm, save money on antifreeze, when it freezes the ice pushes the plug out easier than it would a metal one, and doesn't crack the casting:fingerscrossed: Knowing some of the farmers around here, that seems perfectly plausible.:P

They drain the coolant,(water) out of the combines, irrigator pump engines etc, for the winter, and then wonder why they need new water pumps the following year:confused:

You also need to use the right type of wood to ensure the coefficient of expansion matches that of the casting:D

On 02/10/2017 at 8:30 AM, ranger said:

One for sale in London on a certain auction site, £320.00. (Cylinder head).

Seen that Doug but a mate bought a shogun head from them a couple of years ago and it was porus

B7200 at the sale today, too many people watching for me have taken the engine out:P

Cub Cadet 108 also, no reserve, started at £20.00 gear drive, looked to have disc turning brakes fitted. Only 2 bidders.

On 2 October 2017 at 1:26 PM, ranger said:

B7200 at the sale today, too many people watching for me have taken the engine out:P

Cub Cadet 108 also, no reserve, started at £20.00 gear drive, looked to have disc turning brakes fitted. Only 2 bidders.

The other bidder would have got the Cub for £20.00, but nasty me ran him up to £300.00!:P

4 hours ago, ranger said:

The other bidder would have got the Cub for £20.00, but nasty me ran him up to £300.00!:P

Im glad it didn't go cheap, although someone still got a good deal!

Well started to clean these off today, they are far worse than I thought, to repair them would take weeks with little patches every where, these are not obtainable any more new and I can’t find any second hand, so I have a cunning plan until I can source a pair 

617BE117-9C90-4DB9-A7B7-C37ABF226F4A.jpeg

D92F44C0-6957-4FE4-868F-099BF037A1AF.jpeg