pmackellow

Getting ready for Newbury

20 hours ago, Alan said:

Nice display Paul.  :):thumbs:

17 hours ago, HeadExam said:

Congratulations, I can see you beaming clear across the pond, as you should, well deserved

Thank you gents :bow:

On 10/9/2017 at 2:04 PM, pmackellow said:

Back from a great weekend, here's some photos of the display and its highly commended rosette (well chuffed :D)

PA060038.JPG

PA060039.JPG

PA060040.JPG

PA060041.JPG

PA060042.JPG

PA060043.JPG

PA060044.JPG

PA080152.JPG

PA080153.JPG

PA080154.JPG

Wow- what an incredible collection! What is the yellow cart with a bicycle wheel and a bucket used for, is that some sort of insecticide sprayer?  Awesome- wish I could attend a show like this, I would stand there staring for hours.

The Allman sprayer is second largest machine we know of to be fitted with the O&R engine, Paul did a superb job of restoring it, have a look at the before & after pictures in this thread (starting at post #8);

https://myoldmachine.com/topic/1983-new-addition-to-the-or-webb-collections/?do=findComment&comment=22437

It may even be the last one left, unless anyone knows of another one out there.

David

WOW!  I hadn’t seen the before and after photos- thanks for the link. That is a superb restoration, that’s very impressive- nice job Paul!  That’s a pretty cool machine and application for the O&R engine. It never ceases to amaze me all the cool stuff that used these engines.

So what is the largest known use?

Clint

13 minutes ago, CNew said:

So what is the largest known use?

The largest known machine is a Gyrocoptor, the O&R being used for the pre-rotator engine used for starting the main rotor blades on some Bensen B8M Gyrocopters, note that the 4 cylinder McCulloch engine is used for the propeller on the back;

https://myoldmachine.com/topic/3599-mcculloch-drone-engine/

David