Sign in to follow this  
The Fife Plooman

My new attempt at making my plough work

Hi all

This is my new attempt at making my plough work

The problem with my Gutbrod plough is the mouldboard is not long enough for competition match ploughing although I have great success with it .Think it is time for a change the photos are of a mock up of how I would like the plough to look. I will have nine inches more beam giving me space for a disc and a skimmer, the mould board is 12 inches longer and should make a nicer furrow only time will tell once I am happy with settings it will all be welded up

Plough mock up.jpg

Mock up plough.jpg

Trial setting.jpg

work to be done.jpg

Hi The board is of a BMB walk behind here is my recent add on. the stay at the back of the board and a scotch skimmer until my skimmer disc arrives thank you for your interest

Here is another part of of the plough that has to be trialled at least it will look the part

20171103_133733.jpg

Hi all

Had my new plough in the ground today for the first not very bonny but a start has been made

Need to make mouldboard tilt and check for plough for running parallel with the tractor but in principal it is OK both things can be sorted seems easy to pull the ground was not the best it was barley straw that had been cultivated but I have made a start, and happy it can be altered to work well

something to work on 2017.jpg

In the ground 2017.jpg

Trial 14-11-17.jpg

Hi all

I have reached plan Z I am now on plan A again I have used my Gutbrod plough beam and married it to the BMB frog and board only need to work on the skimmer or disc

I am also looking at a longer mouldboard to fit the Gutbrod frog  the board I have on is  22 inches from back to front the new one is 39 inches from back to front

Two plans on the go if one works I will be happy

Board with knife.jpg

board with skimmer.jpg