Terry L

Tiny Tiger Parts Needed

Hi All,

I am a new member who has purchased a Tiny Tiger generator that I believe is a 250. I am looking for carburetor parts; I need a diaphragm and diaphragm gasket, and a primer diaphragm valve and gasket. I am also in need of a air filter assembly as this is missing from the motor. If anyone has parts for sale or knows where I can purchase them I would be appreciative of your assistance. Terry L

I forgot to mention some pertinent information that is on the Tiny Tiger engine.

On the muffler side of the engine it says Type: 111 and on the carburetor side the Number is: 045426.

I thought this information might be needed to help identify parts.

Thanks,

Terry L

Hello Terry. Welcome to MOM!

Suggest you send a PM (Private Message) to Webhead...Ibelieve he will have what you need.  Coincidently I have a tiny Tiger-300, Type 111, SN: 048563.  I am curious about the SN on your generator...on kind of a stick-on label on mine...Nearly as I can tell, these SNs are probably mid to latter 1960s.

Good luck!

-Reece 

I forgot to mention some pertinent information that is on the Tiny Tiger engine.

On the muffler side of the engine it says Type: 111 and on the carburetor side the Number is: 045426.

Thanks,

Terry L

Hello Reece,

Thank you for your reply. I have a small engine service manual that says the serial number first digit is the year and the second 2 digits is the month. Maybe the year is a 1960 on both of our motors? Unfortunately, my paper tag is long gone from my generator.

I don't know how to use the private message - is it an option on this site? Can you point me in the right direction?

Thank you,

Terry L

Edited by Terry L
typo

:WMOM:

Click on the envelope symbol next to your user name at the top right of the page for sending a PM.

Webhead should have the carb diaphragms & check valve, but probably not the air filter assembly, which is one of the most commonly missing parts and replacements are very hard to find.

David

1 hour ago, Terry L said:

Thanks,

Terry L

Hello Reece,

Thank you for your reply. I have a small engine service manual that says the serial number first digit is the year and the second 2 digits is the month. Maybe the year is a 1960 on both of our motors? Unfortunately, my paper tag is long gone from my generator.

I don't know how to use the private message - is it an option on this site? Can you point me in the right direction?

Thank you,

Terry L

The serial number dating information from the "small engine service manual" is only relevant for engines made after June 1967, before this they used a sequential numbering system, we can only estimate the dates for these engines based on information from original documentation. 

The NIAE tested four engines with serial numbers ranging from 030957 to 053595 between Jan-May 1963, with this information both of your engines should actually date from around late 1962 to early 1963.

David

On 11/24/2017 at 2:54 PM, Terry L said:

I am also in need of a air filter assembly as this is missing from the motor. If anyone has parts for sale or knows where I can purchase them I would be appreciative of your assistance. Terry L

Found an air cleaner/filter on ePay, the seller thinks it's a muffler, which the pictured part isn't;

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Orline-M123-Chainsaw-OEM-Muffler-/151587552778?rmvSB=true

It doesn't come with the fixing screw, but that would probably be attached to the chainsaw carb it was removed from, as the later air cleaner screw was riveted to the carb.

They also have the muffler advertised as an air filter. :scratchhead:

David