rolloman 1

My ploughing Tractor has now been Christened

:woohoo::wub::D Hi hope you all had a great Christmas day here is a photo of my Tractor Kermit receiving its pretty Christmas Present we broke a bottle of Champagne over its bonnet (Just kidding  Didnt want to damage its paint work ) just to complete the celebration  Hope you like   

Kermit chrissened.jpg

Hi Head Exam thanks for your comments yes Kermit is a very useful Tractor here are some pictures no1 shows Kermit with hand lift for lifting rear tools  no2 shows now fitted with hydraulic hand pump and ram also plough attached and fitted with a Scotch Skimmer for burying trash .

No3 Shows the headlights after some nice new paint thanks for your interest    

kermit pic1.JPG

kermit heinz.JPG

kermits new ears.JPG

The engineering and styling points on this tractor are really amazing. The hood and fenders are reminiscent of an early 60's Simplicity 700 or 725, the drivetrain appears to work similar as an Economy/Jim Dandy or Amigo tractor and the transmission controls appear to work like the Wheel Horse or Gravely front engine geared tractors. The three point is akin to the Massey Ferguson Elf or early Gutbrod tractors. All in all a really well built and capable machine with the best engineering features for a working tractor. I know why you cherish it.

3 hours ago, HeadExam said:

The engineering and styling points on this tractor are really amazing. The hood and fenders are reminiscent of an early 60's Simplicity 700 or 725, the drivetrain appears to work similar as an Economy/Jim Dandy or Amigo tractor and the transmission controls appear to work like the Wheel Horse or Gravely front engine geared tractors. The three point is akin to the Massey Ferguson Elf or early Gutbrod tractors. All in all a really well built and capable machine with the best engineering features for a working tractor. I know why you cherish it.

it looks like an elf or gutbrod because it is one, its just rebranded;)

42 minutes ago, C-101plowerpower said:

it looks like an elf or gutbrod because it is one, its just rebranded;)

What is surprising is they used a very similar hood and fender skirts as early Simplicity tractors did, and the Gutbrod/Amigo/Economy solid drivetrain similar to larger tractors. The high low and gear shifting station looks much like the Gravely system on their 4 wheel machines, and the Wheel Horse D250, which was a Gutbrod, lol. This design really makes this a very strong tractor. Im not sure of the age, but I dont believe modern refinements better a tractor built like this.