S1g

What lathe have you got?

here is our nearly new lathe (1954) it called a little john, any info on these machines would be helpfull, i found out how to plug it in so thats a start :D

It's a MK1 Capstan Nigel. There is a wealth of info for you in this link- http://www.lathes.co.uk/raglan/page4.html . Very versatile machine :thumbs:

Nope... A rear wheel :D

A rotary table on a mill might be an easy way to cut the centre out of a wheel, if that is what you are trying to do.

Often do that when the swing on my lathe isn't big enough, also seen a cast flywheel for a steam engine machined by mounting a toolpost on the bed and having a mandrel supported at the bottom and driven from the top by the mill, had to go slow though.

A rotary table on a mill might be an easy way to cut the centre out of a wheel, if that is what you are trying to do.

Hi Iain, yep that's what I'm trying to do, cut the center out the wheel..    A rotary table on a mill would be handy, but as I don't have one it looks like I'm going to have to make my own lathe that's big enough :D

Picked this up today. It was left to us by a family member who passed away a few months ago

I am sure it will come in handy when I learn how to use it :D

Very heavy & has plenty of tooling.

Look forward to playing with it on these cold winter nights when they arrive :P