Sign in to follow this  
S1g

Villiers Diesel engine. D415

Hi, I've decided to offer for sale my villiers diesel d415 engine. I fully restored it a few years ago and showed it a few times but it has sat for at least the last 5 years. Will happily get it going again before sale. A very rare engine. Most of the survivors seem to be the smaller d270, even they are very rare.If I can find it there is also a genuine bolt on reduction gearbox. I'm in Hereford but can palletise. £350.

image.jpg

That's a nice looking beastie!

Apologies for the hi-jack but I have an Operator's Handbook for a D270 but have never had an engine to go with it!  Going for free if anyone wants it.

Normally I'd break your hand 

off but have already got a couple of them for both the villiers and jap versions plus sales sheets and brochures. Better let someone who hasnt already got a copy have it.

4 hours ago, Chris said:

Never knew Villiers did a diesel

You learn something new every day

Yes they did 2, a d270 4 hp and a d415 7hp. They wernt very successful and were quietly dropped after only a few hundred units. It's believed that there's only around 30 odd survivors left. I used to have around 10 counting a couple jap badged ones. Very noisy when running.