HeadExam

Chainsaw Collection Grows

Nice collection Alain. If I may, a question or two.

Do you store them with fuel in, or drained ?.

I tend to drain mine and run to dry, as there is a tendency for the original Fuel Cap (Plastic male screw in type) has a tendency to expand. It may be because I use Aspen4 for mixing the Fuel/Oil, which is very pure. 

I will eventually get around to making a new one (discontinued) out of Brass or Alloy once I identify the Thread form.

Regards.  

13 hours ago, Anglo Traction said:

Nice collection Alain. If I may, a question or two.

Do you store them with fuel in, or drained ?.

I tend to drain mine and run to dry, as there is a tendency for the original Fuel Cap (Plastic male screw in type) has a tendency to expand. It may be because I use Aspen4 for mixing the Fuel/Oil, which is very pure. 

I will eventually get around to making a new one (discontinued) out of Brass or Alloy once I identify the Thread form.

Regards.  

Right now I am taking turns running them, checking carb  settings, clutch wear, sprocket wear, bar and chain condition and since I never run any ethanol fuel I believe it will be okay to leave real gas in them for a while. Most of my caps are a Bake-O-Lite type material and all are vented caps. That said, You never ever want to run out of gas while under a load on a two-cycle engines, when the saw runs lean or out of gas it can ruin an engine quickly, New picture, I still have two saws not in the photo

20180510_164730.jpg