minky

Working the Bolens QT 16

5 hours ago, minky said:

briggs and stratton vanguard v twin...16hp...

WOW, that doesn't take up much room. The Bolens QS16 was offered with a Kohler K341 single cylinder, very rare, but very capable. The T in QT was for Twin engine and the S in QS was for single cylinder

19 hours ago, Anglo Traction said:

Nice job with those mean looking Blades :thumbs:. Presume you are Grubbing out the area below the trees for the purpose of surface root reduction?.  

just trying to get the root's and stones out so it can i can get grass on it...i use that ripper for getting up the stones and small roots...

You are liable to encounter some very large roots that close to the trees, not sure what type of grass will grow under trees, around here rye is the only thing that will grow under trees

20 hours ago, HeadExam said:

You are liable to encounter some very large roots that close to the trees, not sure what type of grass will grow under trees, around here rye is the only thing that will grow under trees

If you watch video I got hold of a big root that stopped me dead and the front wheels came up.. If ya look closely at the ripper I have bent one of the teeth.. As for grass most will grow in there as it gets plenty of water from the field behind us.. 

1 hour ago, minky said:

If you watch video I got hold of a big root that stopped me dead and the front wheels came up.. If ya look closely at the ripper I have bent one of the teeth.. As for grass most will grow in there as it gets plenty of water from the field behind us.. 

Grass needs sun to grow as much as water. soil issues and lack of sun are by far the biggest problems with getting grass to grow, water is not one of them.

it gets the sun from it comes up till about lunch time.....when i moved in there was a large bank of soil running down between the trees there which i pulled down and leveled across the garden and i had to put weed killer down to stop the grass and weeds growing till i got that bit sorted...

1 hour ago, minky said:

it gets the sun from it comes up till about lunch time.....when i moved in there was a large bank of soil running down between the trees there which i pulled down and leveled across the garden and i had to put weed killer down to stop the grass and weeds growing till i got that bit sorted...

That's good, around here if there isn't full sun the types of native grasses we have do not grow in any shade