Some time ago I recall there being a song  saying that age was about your mnd making appointments your body can't keep. Two weeks ago the drive coupling on my Ransomes digger failed, I disconnected the engine and lifted it sideways on to a tressle. Changed the coupling and lifted the engine back. The next day I felt unwell with indigestion and went to the doctors. Net result was an emergency blue light dash to Newcastle for a triple heart bi pass, turns out that ten years ago a similar event had happened but the arrogant consultant in Carlisle fobbed it off and sent me home with Gaviscon whereas what had happened was two arteries had failed and for ten years I have been running on one cylinder instead of three. Lifting the engine which I have done loads of times before just proved the final straw for the one artery that was doing all the work. Thankfully I am now home again and on the mend but it was a close call. The moral of my story is that firstly hospital consultants are not the gods that some of them like to think, some of them are absolute genius and once you get to a certain age perhaps lifting big engines around unaided is a bit of a daft thing to do ! 

That's good news !. Enjoy the new lease of energy.

You've got me worried now with what I assume are age related symptoms. An appointment with my Quack is probably overdue after over 5 years since.

Just got to find my way through all the 'Hoops' to get to see them.

Very happy you found out and were able to resolve the issue. Hope your mending well. So socialized medicine isn't the complete answer? Health care seems to be one of those issues that both sides try to make the issues and solutions unobtainable.

Sorry to hear that, Jonathan, but pleased you got sorted quickly and are still with us.

Quite a few men I know have age catching up one way or another. What worries me is they're all younger than me. :unsure:

Anyway! Next time you need a hand, you know where I am. :thumbs:

Pleased that you are on the mend Jonathan.  As Norman said, a lot of us are wearing out.  Knee's, hips, back ache etc in my case.  Just need to look at myself and another bruise appears. I think my next project will be a mobility tractor.