Triumph66

Powerderham Castle Classics Car Rally, Devon

The blue Series One was discovered in a overgrown hedge somewhere in Devon. A flail mounted on a tractor struck the landrover and upon investigation the old girl was discovered and rescue. Apparently it runs and drives ok and was in fact driven off the trailer in the camping area and driven to the show site some 1/3 of a mile. Awesome!:thumbs:

20180708_143113.jpg

23 minutes ago, Stormin said:

Thanks for the photo's, Andrew. The Ford Anglia van brought a memory or two.

1600 Cortina GT engine stage 2 tuned engine in mine and lowered suspension.

I loved the design consideration on those vans. The doors are deliberately angled to take in the weight of a load van so when opening the door against a kerbstone , the door would not scrap against the pavement. 

22 hours ago, Anglo Traction said:

Great pics, thanks. Noticed there is also a trend of creating 105E Pickups (Anglias). White Minivan reminds me of my first car. 

I got some more photos of those pickups. According to the Club there is only two, possibly a third genuine Anglia Pickups. The ones yesterday were converted from vans beyond redemption.

17 hours ago, Triumph66 said:

I got some more photos of those pickups. According to the Club there is only two, possibly a third genuine Anglia Pickups. The ones yesterday were converted from vans beyond redemption.

They certainly have done a superb job on them. Noticed the White Mini Van must be an ongoing project. Missing Wipers...Very nice though. My favourite would be what look's like an MG TA ( Red) 2nd pic of 2nd batch. Nice Moggy Van by the way Andrew :thumbs: .