Stormin

DOH!

The battery on the C-81 stopped holding it's charge, so today I got a new one. Fitted it and tried to start the tractor. It does usually take a bit of spinning after standing for a while, but starts up after maybe 15 - 20 seconds. This time no go.

Connected one of those plug testers and a good spark was evident. Off with the air filter and sprayed petrol in the carb. Fired up and then stopped. Did this a few times, all to no avail. Check the float bowl for dirt. Nice and clean but would not go back on. The seal kept dropping down. So off with the carb, bowl on and back on with the carb.

The short fuel pipe 'tween carb and pump was a bit iffy, so I fitted a new piece. Before fitting the carb end, I decided to see if fuel was getting through the pump. Turn the engine over and...…….nothing.

Then the penny dropped. I tried with FUEL TURNED  ON. Runs now. :rolleyes: DOH!

4 minutes ago, pmackellow said:

No its done darn sarf as well, I was trying to start my old B115 Horse at Ardingly a few years back

"Have you switched the fuel on ?" asked Mr Showman

Doh ! :hide:

I didn't want to say that. :lol:

Tried bump starting a car with daddy in law years ago. Low battery.  Daddy pushing from rear, me pushing next to open door. Jumped in when going fast enough, down with clutch pedal, into gear, pedal released. Nothing.  Repeated this a few times then found engine started easily with ignition switched ON. :banghead:

1 hour ago, Alan said:

Tried bump starting a car with daddy in law years ago. Low battery.  Daddy pushing from rear, me pushing next to open door. Jumped in when going fast enough, down with clutch pedal, into gear, pedal released. Nothing.  Repeated this a few times then found engine started easily with ignition switched ON. :banghead:

We are not alone, our numbers are great. lol