TinyTiger

Tiny Tiger for Sale

Hello,

I have a nice Tiny Tiger for sale.  Comes with carrying case, operating instructions and converter.  Had  a new diaphragm put in, cleaned the carb and it was running good a year ago.  Too much stuff in my possession and looking to get rid of a few things.  Would like to see it go to a good home and be appreciated.  Gas tank does weep ever so slightly.  I am no expert on these but I think it is in really nice overall shape.  I will not give it away, but will accept what I believe to be a fair offer.  Perhaps someone on this forum could give me the going value of these little gems.  I live in northeast Iowa and I will be traveling to St.Louis next week if that helps anyone for delivery.  I also travel for work regularly throughout Iowa and Minneapolis.  Thanks for your interest.

57e69ecb227ae_TinyTigerCarryingCase.jpg.8357d1f7ffed64a09c5dbc3343e65900.jpg

57e69ecc4c3cf_TinyTigerConverterBox.jpg.ecfd2afe8c226fd1a261e6ff882fc52b.jpg

57e69ecd50407_TinyTigerConverter.jpg.04a6fddf5287a1d4e99c4f121f3c7ddb.jpg

57e69ece8da8f_TinyTigerinCarryingCase.jpg.64bd63e2d92e1b7479fba476516cb3a5.jpg

57e69ecfca779_TinyTigerManual.jpg.e4a149f349c97076439389e50569cca4.jpg

57e69ed2eef9a_TinyTiger.jpg.37beddd8e1870c1d71f46760195833f1.jpg

57e69ed15fbee_TinyTigerTank.jpg.2d74a2b7c9dac049c21f5896272b7704.jpg

Looks very nice, looking through my saved pictures from ebay of the Tiny Tiger Model 5001-1 which I think this is (but it's hard to tell from the pictures), ones in this condition go for around $200-$250 or sometimes a lot more depending on the interest at the time, also advertising internationally on ebay can increase the price. Note the larger gas tank versions like this one are less common than the standard ones.

Here is a thread from earlier this year showing how the tank can be resealed;

David

Yes an old thread but had to ask if it sold and for how much?

Reason asking I purchased a 1 Hp O & R generator of 350 watt output with the 5001-1 tag on the generator.

It's the exact same generator unit as in your pictures above, large tank with the flat aluminum muffler. It had been run a couple times when purchased new years ago then stored away in like new condition down to the yellow paper instruction disc around the spark plug. IMPORTANT NOTICE never use sand blast cleaned spark plug in this engine, never put steel rod in the exhaust port). 

No operator's manual but came in the original Tiny Tiger cardboard box, the four top folding flaps are missing. 

Removed the stale skunky gas, flushed the tank with Berrymann's B-12, removed and cleaned the carb internally, it was almost ready to run. Had to remove the metal pickup tube as the brass filter screen was 100% blocked up with thick sticky varnish,  Berrymann's B-12 carb cleaner with compressed air forcing carb cleaner through the filter took care of that, it  now runs. Last one I had was back in the late 60's / early 70's given to me because it wouldn't start. Stuck carb check ball an easy fix and like an idiot I sold it. This time it's a keeper.......~~=o&o>........  

TinyTiger hasn't been on the forum since December last year, it may be best to send a PM to find out if it sold or not.

David