Sign in to follow this  
4x4forks

Kubota B6100

Have we got any information on a good supply of old kubota parts. I have picked up a B6100 tractor. I have found it had two broken head bolts which i have managed to remove. Blow torch and weld a nut on top. The head is pitted but not on the compression ring. I noticed that the exhaust valves appeared soft so removed the worst and cleaned it up. I found a crack in the valve seat  leading to a small crack in the head.  I am looking for a gasket set and a Cylinder head including valves and springs . I think i can get a head on ebay but short of the rest. Has anyone got any ideas for parts in the UK. 

41344150_287828035148630_782681227608981504_n.jpg

41421569_285569562263104_2194430011367227392_n.jpg

41315598_2140242859628346_5335416161314013184_n.jpg

Crack Down into indirect injection port and also into exhaust port. Valve seat gone. valve gone and valve spring. Enough is Enough!  Bit the bullet and ordered a new replacement complete.

Head arrived today fully assembled. Good job i tested it before fitting . Non of the valves had been lapped in and all leaked . So stripped the head and lapped all valves . Fitted new head with genuine Kubota gasket and new head bolts. Attempted to start and after loads of smoke she fired up. Now she is running again I am fitting a Nippon Denso  alternator rather than the poor old dynamo.

21 hours ago, 4x4forks said:

Head arrived today fully assembled. Good job i tested it before fitting . Non of the valves had been lapped in and all leaked . So stripped the head and lapped all valves . Fitted new head with genuine Kubota gasket and new head bolts. Attempted to start and after loads of smoke she fired up. Now she is running again I am fitting a Nippon Denso  alternator rather than the poor old dynamo.

Seems we can end up paying twice for things. Once for purchase, and then your own time to fix it properly before installing. At least you know it's done properly