Sign in to follow this  
the showman

Wheelhorse snowblower

Had a look at getting the first part assembled today.

The bolts that hold the wheels on were the first thing to do, one missing and one snapped a little warm up with the gas torch and the bit came out I then ran a 3/8 tap through the hole and found a couple of bolts in stock from an old mower deck.

I now have enough to get the Auger fitted and on wheels, might give it a coat of paint first.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

8 minutes ago, slf-uk said:

Great progress Chris. Some of those parts look very difficult to paint. Are you spraying them or brush?

Iain

I sprayed it with 2k but horrible thing to paint especially the auger.

Some of the metal is pitted and it didn't seem worth spending lots of time pugging it up to stick it into snow drifts so I just wanted to protect it against the eliments more than anything.

Your doing a great job there Chris, from a pile of rusty parts to someting far more red and shiny :thumbs:

I snowblower has always been on my want list, but if the past 6 odd winters are anything to go by, I'm not sure Hawkhurst would get enough snow to need one!

I managed to get an hour on the pulley before a member of the family wanted a bed moved, :angry:.

First time I've used the Myford so quite pleased with what I've done.

I put a 3/4 shaft through the old pulley to align it in the chuck and machined the hub off. I'm going to do the same with the new pulley to get the hub off then bolt and weld together.

Comments welcome as I'm a bit of a muppet on the lathe and need education, :P

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Hi Chris.

Found another pulley if any good.  5 inch with a 3/4 inch bore.  3/16" key way.   Only  1/2" belt size though.     Edit.  Just seen your post.  Looks like you might be sorted.

IMG_8302.JPG.84cea9012771f8a499e3a8d934bd225f.JPGIMG_8303.JPG.48518c3acd2a1758d14e8612e7dca0b1.JPGIMG_8304.JPG.0c0424df8aecdbf71a29a1b5046d88cc.JPGIMG_8305.JPG.ad6d913e36201509909c3f01a89cd3d8.JPGIMG_8306.JPG.44b8092f2b6187a53d8f1bf811dfac96.JPG