Sign in to follow this  
the showman

Wheelhorse snowblower

Got some more done and the first thing to do was change the fixing bracket, as the blower is pre 1973 it had a long 3/8" nut and bolt to bolt it to the frame of the tractor.

I drilled out the hole to 5/8" and used a solid bar so that I can use the quick hitch, also cleaned and primered a few more parts.

The parts box is almost empty but I'm missing a rod that fits on the chute to adjust the aim so that will be the next job.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

There seems to be a difference on length on the mounting bracket between the bolt on and the quick hitch of 4 inches so I had to mod the bracket, luckily it's shorter and I hadn't painted it.

I drilled a couple of more holes and welded another 5/8" bar on, I will cut off the excess tomorrow.

image.jpeg

Didn't get as much done as I hoped today.

First job was to cut down the mounting bracket and clean up then I noticed the chute aim adjuster was missing so more fabricating needed.

By the time I finished that it was too late to paint as the temperature was dropping.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Fitted a few more bits on,  after fitting the chain and aligning the sprockets I found the bracket to hold the chain guard on missing and as it's now painted I didn't want to weld something on so I just made one and bolted it on.

I don't really want to do much more now until I get it off the bench and fitted to a tractor as its quite heavy.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Made some good progress today after getting it off the bench,  i put it on a sack trolley and got it from the workshop to under the carport.

It was quite easy to fit it into the quick hitch on the front of the Raider 12, the flag was easy to fit on the lift lever and all I had to do was put a 1/2" spacer on the lift rod to get a bit more height.

The next hour was spent looking through all my belts and was lucky to find one that fitted.

Bolted some more bits on so the parts box is almost empty and as darkness fell I fired the tractor up and ran the blower, spinning well and fast and the best bit the right way.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg