Potash123

Bolens Fuel Pump

I have been asked by an old mate to look at his Bolens Ride on. It is powered by a Mitsubishi 3 Cylinder Diesel Engine. I have never worked on a diesel in my life. My mate who is not a well man at all, tells me that it has been diagnosed with a defective electric fuel pump. Therefore I am on this forum cap in hand. I don't have any photos of the machine or even which model it is. Where on this machine will I find the fuel pump please, where will I get a replacement, new or exchange. What make will the pump be. I am willing to dive in and help my mate, but a bit of guidance will help this Hayterette DIY member would be helpful.  Thank you in anticipation.  

I'm not familiar with Leccy fuel pumps, or diesels, but I am aware that many people in the U.S fit electric fuel pumps as replacements on their Wheel Horses.

FACET is a brand that seems to crop up a lot. The pressure rating and litres/gallons per hour is important, as well as any bypass for pressure relief.

Presume 12volts. The pump could be anywhere on the machine, so you will have to follow the fuel system to locate it.

It will help to establish what the current (iffy) pump specification is and start form there. Also check the fuel line Inside diameter.

Lots of pumps online to look at.  

The diesel fuel pumps on many bigger Bolens tractors made by ISEKI were water cooled just like large tractors and had injector pumps, However the Large Frame Bolens garden tractors were offered  with an air-cooled diesel Mitsubishi and/or Wisconsin (Teledyne) engines that used a standard 12 volt fuel pump. Those models include the DGT-1700, HT20D and HDT1000. The 14 ISEKI geared models from 15-29 hp were the G152 (15hp), through G294 (29hp), and the two hydrostatic models H1502 and H1704 15 and 17 hp respectively. The first two numbers were the approximate horsepower. A model ending in the number 2 was two wheel drive and a model ending in 4 was 4 wheel drive.

10 hours ago, Potash123 said:

Thank you, the pump seems to be under the seat/fuel tank, getting to it is another matter, can't even see it to read the make. Will have another go the weekend. 

Remove the seat pan, 4 bolts under the seat. Be careful with the tail light wiring. The 2 speed trans axle shift lever knob should unscrew and you can work the pan over the lever or just lift it out of the way a bit. You need the parts or service manual? I have them.

On 10/11/2018 at 8:50 AM, Potash123 said:

Thank you, the pump seems to be under the seat/fuel tank, getting to it is another matter, can't even see it to read the make. Will have another go the weekend. 

Here are the manuals for the 5100 series. the part number of the fuel pump is 1743165. I don't see a OEM pump for sale, but I've just always bought the aftermarket pump for 12.00 and change, just take the old one to the spares store and match the electrical connection, most universal aftermarket pumps should have the same connector. Here is a Facet OEM pup used on Bolens and John Deere tractors. https://www.ebay.com/itm/John-Deere-70-128-400-Fuel-Pump-90-67-from-JD-Facet/183464396372?hash=item2ab7548654:g:O~EAAOSwtltbiKWS:rk:7:pf:0

Hi just seen your post i have a DGT1700 as well. I have a set of new pistons ,rings , rods and gaskets for this engine if you need any parts .Also a new tiller and second hand deck20151120_170615.jpg.0aa10e3260d2f9f4e77aa1a8f2061358.jpg59711c16ad0e9_mytiller.JPG.8d982e760fa7e7951a993ecdea16e0fe.JPG20151120_170939.jpg.556a736f585ab452a14feb033c797c7e.jpg