pmackellow

You can never have enough sheds...

Nice shed but it depends  how you rate the security risk but it looks as though the door hardware is just screwed on.

Not easy to see but are those hinges and the bolt secure?  One coach bolt through each side of each hinge in place of a screw and similar for each side of the bolt  . Long enough to go right through with decent washers and nuts on the inside.

Ideally a bolt and padlock top and bottom.

Nice big shed there. Should have that filled 'in the blink of an eye' :) 

I considered my Garage door security last year. No fixings or handles on the outside now.

It's a 1962 wooden Westland of Yeovil door, to which I added wire mesh in the recesses (anti chainsaw). Then filled with insulation.

Have 2 x 12" Brenton Bolts (plus the latch) on the top and 2 x 15mm Drop Bolts into concrete on the bottom. The sides are restrained by the heavy steel (anti saw) channel guides.

Major improvement to the temperature stability after draught proofing. Internal side access shows the FD60 rated Fire door, seals and Insurance approved Yale lock.

Feel much happier now, as it's integral on the ground floor-

DSC01921.JPG.89391eba0100bae68f473d172173f592.JPG

Boosted the fire warning system and extingishers too.

20 hours ago, Wristpin said:

Nice shed but it depends  how you rate the security risk but it looks as though the door hardware is just screwed on.

Not easy to see but are those hinges and the bolt secure?  One coach bolt through each side of each hinge in place of a screw and similar for each side of the bolt  . Long enough to go right through with decent washers and nuts on the inside.

Ideally a bolt and padlock top and bottom.

That will be added during the week.

Alarm going in as well

12 hours ago, WestwoodW8Gazelle said:

Nice to see the old Westwood kit. When restoring the cultivator, what was the paint you used as that's the same colour as my Gazelle when Westwood orange paint seems too orange than the old red/orange paint on the cultivator and gazelle. Thanks.

Rover Vermillion from Halfords, it was the closest I could find and replenish easily :thumbs:

2 hours ago, pmackellow said:

Rover Vermillion from Halfords, it was the closest I could find and replenish easily :thumbs:

Ah right, it's ironic as the Westwood Orange paint in my eyes is too orange when compared to the colour of my Westwood's bonnet. Much appreciated. Cheers.

Just needs an armchair in there Paul, then you can sit in comfort while viewing your handiwork.  And before Chris says it, don't forget the kettle.

Just now, Alan said:

Just needs an armchair in there Paul, then you can sit in comfort while viewing your handiwork.  And before Chris says it, don't forget the kettle.

Armchair and kettle will be for the workshop Alan ! :thumbs:

Quiet afternoons pottering about today...

Changed the Lawn Ranger and the Suburban round (they look better that way round) and moved some of the Wheelhorse goodies up from the original Wheelhorse shed (which is now the Yellow and White shed - Cub Cadet and Mowett Mustang)

PB040020.JPG

PB040021.JPG

PB040022.JPG

PB040023.JPG

PB040024.JPG

PB040025.JPG

PB040026.JPG

PB040027.JPG

PB040028.JPG