LangyLang

Fuel Pump Vacuum Hose

Good morning all,

I have a wheelhorse B-115 model#253707 type 0131-01 with a 11hp briggs and Stratton, i am trying to figure out what part number or where to purchase a new fuel pump vaccum hose?

I looked up the parts Manual for your engine on the B & S website and should work for you to download a copy of both  - B & S Manual 

So your Vac Hose part number is 393815 and is sold as a cut-to-size length.

As the Vac Pump has 1/4" diameter in/outlets,  I would hazard a guess that modern spec 1/4" bore x 1/2" outer dia fuel pipe will be 'more-than-rigid' enough for the job.

Obtainable from the likes of Halfords. No sign of response on Ebay with the part number, but enter -  briggs and stratton fuel hose 393815 into google and you'll be flooded with variations of responses (other search engines available). 

I am not 100 percent sure that vacuum hose diagram is the correct? My fuel pump is a different assembly, it is mounted to side of the engine block or I think the pump is in the carb better yet? I know enough to be more dangerous than productive sometimes. Attached are some pictures of the old hose, it connects from the fuel pump diaphragm plate to the carburetor itself. I have the new carb and fuel pump diaphragm, just need the vacuum hose now, I already ordered one off of ebay going by looks but it was way to small, would love to get the correct one so I don't have to rig up anything to wild and crazy.

IMG_2810.JPG

IMG_2812.JPG

IMG_2814.JPG

IMG_2751.JPG

Ah, now with the pics you have posted, the mist is clearing and I see your problem (I think).

You are looking for a replacement Engine Breather pipe!, the Breather unit being the rectangular object on the right of your first picture.

The pipe fits between that box and onto the Carb (large Flo jet). The part number should be 280100 in the Part Manual which I believe supercedes to 692253 now .

If you search for either or both those numbers, you will find a screen full of choices price-wise and image comparison.

Also, my records show your engine to be allocated to 1984 W'horse B115 range, as the 1982 recorded date of your Tractor model shows engine 253707- 0209-01 ?.

Can check date of your engine with it's serial number. As you have a high mounted Fuel Tank and a vertical shaft engine, you don't always have a fuel pump fitted?. 

Let us know when you're sorted.

Edit- @ 1716. The Tractor was actually built in 1981, scheduled build for Thursday 15th November, so the original engine would also have been 1981.

(Models/numbers changed around September when producing Model versions for the following year started).