Fix'em all

Versatiller MK1 Manual

Could be Paul !!

I think i am correct in saying you already have one of these, so it's good to share ;)

The book mentions a separate  manual for the 75 engine, that would be a nice to have.

11 minutes ago, Fix'em all said:

Could be Paul !!

I think i am correct in saying you already have one of these, so it's good to share ;)

The book mentions a separate  manual for the 75 engine, that would be a nice to have.

Absolutely, it is indeed good to share

I have not seen the engine manual yet but you never know... :)

HI, I am in New zealand. Ihave a versatiller the same as the 1 in the picture. It is all complete but i need a starter recoil spring. Any idea where i can find one. 

Hi, I thought mine was broken but it was just seized up. Taking it apart is not an easy job but if you do need a spring I doubt you will get one & will have to make something up. You are lucky to find this as they are very rare & I assume you understand the significance of the engine fitted to these.

16 hours ago, Fix'em all said:

Hi, I thought mine was broken but it was just seized up. Taking it apart is not an easy job but if you do need a spring I doubt you will get one & will have to make something up. You are lucky to find this as they are very rare & I assume you understand the significance of the engine fitted to these.

Thanks for that, yes i have looked into the engine and it is made beautifully. I was given it by an older man who had a mower repair shop. he was unable to repair it because of the broken spring so i have not started it.  it has been in storage at my friends place. I have restored it with a good coat of paint. it still has the versatiller tnansfer down the handle tube. I should be getting it back soon so i will try to post a pic. Rgds Graham.

Have you confirmed that the spring is broken or just in need of lubrication like mine was. They were fitted with a strong wire pull cord because of the difficulty in getting to the mechanism. I did it by getting a small gap between the casings wide enough to fit 3 nuts in. I then screwed bolts in, rotated it slightly so the bolts push against the other casing & force the points cam assembly off the shaft. You need to mark the position of the points cam assembly first.