Rhiash

Rare wheel horse tractor

15 minutes ago, Rhiash said:

Where would I look for them ? I’m new to this it’s for my husband and 12 year old son for Christmas 

I am not sure on the WH. I would look to see if there is a metal tag on the chassis or engine bay. Chances are they would have disappeared by now. 

1 minute ago, Triumph66 said:

I am not sure on the WH. I would look to see if there is a metal tag on the chassis or engine bay. Chances are they would have disappeared by now. 

Will look in the morning it was in a junk yard for scrap and I grabbed it 

Awesome find! Yes they are rare in the UK and I can't believe this was in a scrap yard! good save. The tractor looks fairly complete which is good, much better than my RJ58 was when i got it. A good site for wheel horses and possible help with spares is wheelhorseforum.com 

With regards to a serial number, they were printed on a foil sticker on the top of the chassis rail, just behind the inside of the bonnet. At least thats where they are on an RJ, they were quite often lost unfortunately.

Good luck!

What you have seems to be. 1961 suburban , however the hood may be off of a lawn ranger as the 61 models had a small square hole on the dash for the throttle & choke controls . As previously mentioned spares will be difficult to find over here in UK , so you will probably have to look in USA for parts but the shipping costs will kill yer .

nice find though , well saved