Westie1

Problem stripping c141

Evening,

So I've got an issue with the brake axle pivot bit. It looks like there's a mini "axe pin" on the left held with a bolt. I have removed the bolt and it will turn with force but it won't come out so I can remove the brake shaft.

Also were these metric or imperial as some metric sockets fit some bolts but not all.

Any ideas? 

Thanks 

1 hour ago, Westie1 said:

Evening,

So I've got an issue with the brake axle pivot bit. It looks like there's a mini "axe pin" on the left held with a bolt. I have removed the bolt and it will turn with force but it won't come out so I can remove the brake shaft.

Also were these metric or imperial as some metric sockets fit some bolts but not all.

Any ideas? 

Thanks 

Have you looked at the parts or service manuals?

Thanks, going to make finding and replacing them fun lol.

I've had a look at the service and owners manual with no luck. 

Anyone have a link to the parts manual for the c series on red square I can only find electrical and trans docs

Exploded diagram sort of thing

Ah found on oartstree looks like it should just pull out of the tube. Chisel and lube time 

iplimage.png

The C-121 was a newer (1978-1979) version of the C-120 (1975-1977), Wheel Horse and Toro often just used an addendums to the older parts and service manuals for newer models. There may be a C-121 Part/IPL manual out there on PartsTree, but it is probably just an updated microfiche file from Toro. You can use the C-120 parts and service manuals for the C-121 and consult the addendums for differences. The C-121 was made 2 years and in 8 speed and Hydrostatic drive models 1978 C-121 8 speed was model 81-12K801 Hydro was model 81-12KS01. The 1979 C-121 8 speed was model 91-12K801 and the Hydro was model 91-12KS01. There are 4 or 5 addendum's for the later model C-121 so for changes made  in newer models and others for Belgium made models. I have attached the addendums here and the service manual. The way to read model numbers form 1976 to 1980 Wheel Horse Tractors is the first number is the year, not sure what the second number means, the next two numbers are the horsepower, the letter stands for the engine brand, K= Kohler, B= Briggs, etc. The next  number was was 8 for a 8 speed, and 6 for a 6 six speed or S for a Sundstrand Hydro. Model  91-12K801 was a 1979 12 hp kohler powered 8 speed Model  81-12K801 was a 1978 12 hp kohler powered 8 speed and Model 81-12KS01 and 91-12KS01 were 1978 and 1979 hydrostatic units

Tractor 1975 C-100 C-120 C-160 8spd IPL #803983.pdf

Tractor 1979 C-121 8-Speed 91-12K801 TIPL.pdf

Tractor 1979 C-121 8-Speed 91-12K802 Details & Attachments (1).pdf

Tractor 1979 C-121 8-Speed 91-12K802 Details & Attachments.pdf

Tractor 1979 C-121 8-Speed 91-12K802 TIPL.pdf

Wheel_Horse_1978_b-c-d-series_service_manual.pdf

Thanks so much for that it's going to be REALLY helpful!

Unfortunately I looking at the diagram looks like if I remove the bolt it should just slide out but it doesn't. I have sprayed dismantling oil and the tube slides freely on the shaft but just won't budge. I'm scared of breaking something trying to knock it through from the right.

I believe I'm working on a 79

The 2 bloody brake shoe bolts have snapped too, need some extractors.

20181112_112541.jpg

2 hours ago, Westie1 said:

Thanks so much for that it's going to be REALLY helpful!

Unfortunately I looking at the diagram looks like if I remove the bolt it should just slide out but it doesn't. I have sprayed dismantling oil and the tube slides freely on the shaft but just won't budge. I'm scared of breaking something trying to knock it through from the right.

I believe I'm working on a 79

The 2 bloody brake shoe bolts have snapped too, need some extractors.

20181112_112541.jpg

It's a 1979 C-141, should have had a 14 hp Kohler k321 in it originally. Looks Belgium made

1 hour ago, Westie1 said:

It does yeah it came with the 14hp that's broke its rod and the 8 speed manual. Its getting a 16hp kohler when done and dusted

My apologies for referring to your tractor as a C-141, but my info still holds true. I thought your tractor was a C-121, maybe that was another recent post from someone else. Did you notice the serial number was over stamped on the second digit? The 16hp Kohler is a beast. While the 16-18 hp magnum twins a powerful, smooth, and quiet. I honestly don't believe they have more torque than the K341. I know they aren't nearly as reliable, durable, or inexpensive to rebuild.

Haha I'm confused but don't worry I'm sure no apologies necessary 😊

I hadn't noticed to be honest good spot!

Yeah I will be rebuilding the 14hp at some point but am very happy to have the 16hp for it. In a perfect world I would have a c161 or c160 but I refuse to sticker it up as c161 when the plate says c141.

7 hours ago, Westie1 said:

Haha I'm confused but don't worry I'm sure no apologies necessary 😊

I hadn't noticed to be honest good spot!

Yeah I will be rebuilding the 14hp at some point but am very happy to have the 16hp for it. In a perfect world I would have a c161 or c160 but I refuse to sticker it up as c161 when the plate says c141.

Again I screwed up. I referred to your tractor as a C-121 in my original post and then referred to my mistake as calling it the correct C-141 model in my apology. I can see how you could be confused, lol. A chap after my own heart. I like and respect how you feel.

Well I'm happy to report all I need to do is punch out some pins and split the box from the frame :) had a very productive few hours at it with one of my pupils at school! He loved it too :)

The pin was just being stubborn and I think was slightly mushroomed.

I've a few broken bolts but overall rather good