HeadExam

David Brown 990 Three point issue

I believe I have the issue fixed, but I'm still in the dark as to how this confounded system works. I love the tractor, but it has so far bettered me in its sophistication. There is a cable that  can be positioned in a static hold or on the center/top link. I think it has to do whether the rear hydraulic or the lift is being used, but I do not know that for sure. I have all the manuals, but between trying to learn what all the parts and terms are to understanding why and how the features work it has been a slow go at becoming proficient with the tractors abilities. The cable was secured in the first picture to the rights side of the driver behind the lift control, but in order to use ground engaging implements this cable must be moved to the center/top link, you can see the holder where it slides into at the back of the center link rod

20181107_102503.jpg

20181107_102455.jpg

The UK publication Classic Tractor is running a series of articles on the operation and repair of DB hydraulics. Will be worth investing in some back issues either in print or on line.

5 hours ago, Wristpin said:

The UK publication Classic Tractor is running a series of articles on the operation and repair of DB hydraulics. Will be worth investing in some back issues either in print or on line.

Thank you, I will look into it. This David Brown is a dandy of a tractor for sure.