Wallfish

Orline Cutoff saw

Thanks JustO&R- that does seem a little high given the few parts, but something to watch and see if they lower the price.  Found this funny Frankin’ Amp Champ as well... also priced too high.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-Varo-Inc-Amp-Champ-4750a-Portable-Generator-w-O-R-Orline-Mustang-Engine/153783035486?hash=item23ce2ee65e:g:aeIAAOSw9xJeDYHy

43 minutes ago, JUST O&R said:

We definitely need some pic's when you get it . 

Doesn't look like it is quite as nice as the one you have or the one Wallfish built up but I think it’s pretty decent and given that these don’t come up very often I had to grab it.

By the way, I’m likely to order some O-rings for the standard O&R chainsaw gas and oil caps. I can’t seem to find anything less than a quantity of 100 so if you guys are in need of a few to refresh your caps just let me know.

On 1/3/2020 at 7:46 AM, CNew said:

By the way, I’m likely to order some O-rings for the standard O&R chainsaw gas and oil caps. I can’t seem to find anything less than a quantity of 100 so if you guys are in need of a few to refresh your caps just let me know.

Those aren't  Orings but more of a flat washer, although I'm sure Orings will work. You can make them out of thick gasket material.

Hmmm, interesting- good to know. I have half a dozen caps that all have worn out O-rings, someone must have replaced the washers over the years.

Only looked at the cut off saw cap and the 2 on the donor Mustang saw when posting

Just went out to look at more and the Lancaster saw does have Orings but the other Mustang also has washer type seals. They must have changed over at some point and maybe the IPLs will show different part numbers. Let me know if you want pics of the washer type

Found this in the books I have. the oil cap is a 5-40 the new # is 200226

the fuel cap is 5-39 new # is 200227 in the price list it shows to be o ring at some point they must have changed them.

looket at a few of  the one I have all oring now

1459109522_IMG_34541.JPG.18f9d9ede573308d4d45ad565c59d1b4.JPG

IMG_3456[1].JPG

can only put 2 pic's

IMG_3455[1].JPG

Edited by JUST O&R

Huh, interesting.  Thanks for all the research. Well I already ordered the O-rings so I’ll have plenty and they should work ok, it’s not like I really use these engines/tools much more than firing them up to enjoy them or show’em off...

On 1/2/2020 at 7:31 PM, CNew said:

As a matter of fact I did :woohoo:  

I haven’t received it yet, could be another week or two before it arrives. Will definitely post some pics as soon as it shows up.

Is that the one that was on ebay ? if that's it its in a lot better shape then the one I have just needs the recoil fixed and you have the knob

and the little rubber spacer.

Ha, I know!

I’ve started working on my Derby Tiller but it’s been a little slow. One of the sections of tines has really rusted itself on and I’ve been soaking it daily with Kroil.  I’m hoping it’ll break free here in one of these days. I don’t want to tear into the rest of it until I can get the lower end cleaned up. I think this tiller is going to be one of those you just slowly pick away at while you work on other stuff.

I’m also slowly easing into working on the Clinton K150 outboard with the O&R 20A. That one is also going to be a lot of work because a previous owner painted the whole thing in tan camo for a duck hunting boat.  

I think the Cutoff saw will be my next “quick” project when it gets here.

here's a pic of the washer type cap gaskets. Not sure when they changed but maybe David knows

I bought a cheap set of O rings at Harbor Freight a while back. 2 sizes in there fit them both and there's about 10 of each

IMG_0403.JPG.5451a08a6f82ae3066a4c39fdd928013.JPG

Thanks, I don’t think I’ve seen the washer style on any of mine but I haven’t checked all of them. The O-rings arrived this afternoon and seem to fit perfectly.  If anyone ever needs one just let me know.

I’m starting to get a little nervous about my cutoff saw. It was supposed to have been delivered yesterday and the tracking info is also jacked up now and apparently not working. I have a request in to USPS to see if they can help sort it out. I just hope the seller did a decent job packing that thing (I sent a nice note asking for extra care but got no response). I hope it isn’t another disastrous repeat of the little red engine with the crunched gas tank...

We’ll I’m really starting to lose hope. 11 days later and still no sign of the cut off saw being delivered. There also hasn’t been any update to the tracking status.  I’ve submitted two formal search requests through USPS and had zero response. I’m starting to think they probably destroyed by rough handling it somewhere along the way and then to avoid a claim they conveniently “lost” it...  I hate to think that but the lack of response has been pathetic!  And now I may be out a pretty penny and never end up getting the saw.:angry::banghead:

No info from the seller?

Once they enter the shipping info it's shows at least it was really shipped. If you see it never had ant of that info entered or it never showed it was picked up, then I would blame the seller.

Seller added the tracking number, just hasn’t answered any of my inquiries.

I just checked the tracking status and finally there is new info. Apparently it arrived late last night at some distribution center in Denver. Looks like it’s on the way to the next destination (hope that destination is my house...).  For the price of this really slow shipping they could have just sent it Priority...

I had that happen with an Amp Champ generator.

It was sent through this stupid Global Shipping Program, it got so far and then I was told it could not be shipped and my money was refunded

Not impressed :angry:

7 hours ago, JUST O&R said:

Ok witch one of you got the manhole fan?

:)

Well, I ended up spending money I didn’t really have at the moment but for something that unusual I had to at least try for it. Wife ain’t going to be too happy about it but I’ll figure out something to backfill the shortfall. Not my most expensive O&R but pretty close.  Can’t wait for it to get here, hopefully it won’t end up somewhere with the cutoff saw...