Wallfish

Orline Cutoff saw

What's this manhole fan?

Please post the link. I know David saves all of those pics for reference so I'll try and grab some

Edit

Never mind, found it

12 hours ago, CNew said:

:)

Well, I ended up spending money I didn’t really have at the moment but for something that unusual I had to at least try for it. Wife ain’t going to be too happy about it but I’ll figure out something to backfill the shortfall. Not my most expensive O&R but pretty close.  Can’t wait for it to get here, hopefully it won’t end up somewhere with the cutoff saw...

For some strange reason I figured it was you!! If you are the some as me I check ebay 4 to 5 times a day.

Hallelujah, it finally arrived!  At a quick glance I don’t see any damage from shipping. I thought for sure at 17 days in transit it was bound to get banged up.  I’ll have to verify after further inspection.

0F1AFFA7-E0BE-4BC2-A8C6-9DB187262226.jpeg

F25AC2DA-D7D6-403C-9D5E-470CD36EE7C2.jpeg

That should clean up nice. Glad you finally received it and a good addition to the collection

Mine doesn't have that black blade guard on the bottom. Wonder if I could get Terry @JUST O&R the metal man to repop one for me?

17 minutes ago, Wallfish said:

Wonder if I could get Terry @JUST O&R the metal man to repop one for me?

we can try Almost  anything .

10 hours ago, CNew said:

Hallelujah, it finally arrived!  At a quick glance I don’t see any damage from shipping. I thought for sure at 17 days in transit it was bound to get banged up.  I’ll have to verify after further inspection.

I'm glad you got it now lets get started on the restoration !!! look good that will come out nice

On 1/21/2020 at 8:37 PM, CNew said:

0F1AFFA7-E0BE-4BC2-A8C6-9DB187262226.jpeg

F25AC2DA-D7D6-403C-9D5E-470CD36EE7C2.jpeg

(john) i think the guard is on the wrong side . this one and my saw its on the inside of the guard

10 hours ago, JUST O&R said:

(john) i think the guard is on the wrong side . this one and my saw its on the inside of the guard

I was looking at that but when holding it up to the saw, the guard opening is centered when it's on the outside, plus there's less places to deflect sparks and collect dust so I assumed it might go on the outside.

Was wondering how long it would take the factory correct police to catch me! :D Not long, I'm a horrible criminal

On 1/6/2020 at 2:34 AM, Wallfish said:

here's a pic of the washer type cap gaskets. Not sure when they changed but maybe David knows

I bought a cheap set of O rings at Harbor Freight a while back. 2 sizes in there fit them both and there's about 10 of each

IMG_0403.JPG.5451a08a6f82ae3066a4c39fdd928013.JPG

I went though all the service information I have and posted detailed lists for the gaskets & O rings used for the chainsaws, the gas & oil tank caps for the older ones had the flat washer seal and the later ones changed to using the O rings (post no #10).

I have a kit of Facom gasket punches (with a compass based blade for cutting larger sizes) that can be used to make the round gaskets, it was bought from a business liquidator on ePay many years ago for under half it's normal price.

David

On 1/28/2020 at 11:06 AM, Wallfish said:
On 1/28/2020 at 12:53 AM, JUST O&R said:

I was looking at that but when holding it up to the saw, the guard opening is centered when it's on the outside, plus there's less places to deflect sparks and collect dust so I assumed it might go on the outside.

Was wondering how long it would take the factory correct police to catch me! :D Not long, I'm a horrible criminal

Amazingly the extra guard piece is not shown in either the parts list or brochure leaflet, I only have pictures of three other Orline Circular Saws, it's only visible in this one (where it's fitted to the outside of the guard) link below;

It's hidden by the blade in the pictures of the other two saws I have.

Also the brochure confirms the blade size as 8" (same size as used on the Comet C/Saw), both an abrasive wheel and saw blade were available for the Orline Saw.

David

Finally getting to this project.  I thought it was going to be a fairly straightforward tear down but NOPE this thing had surprises at every turn. I even had to drill out a couple screws.  It’s finally all apart now. The paint isn’t in the greatest condition (looks better in the photos than it actually is) but I’m planning to keep it as-is. It would look awesome fully repainted but I’m probably not going that route on this one.  The engine is a real mess...

F23AD2A9-832A-4495-B227-C11084F1DB1F.jpeg

BF5D0685-2EFA-48C5-A5AA-3EDA6CC8ABC3.jpeg

1552EB8D-5D84-4140-B68B-A80D2C698600.jpeg

EC1671E6-C38C-4174-9D80-79C65EEA8428.jpeg

755C41F9-1AD0-4445-89B2-449196FF4ACF.jpeg

DBFAE19A-26C1-4206-9768-F6542B7D8A8A.jpeg

F21023F2-EA63-41CF-8311-66B2A1027F2B.jpeg

6BAD1345-E0FA-43A1-81CE-31394FCBBB1A.jpeg

Should have seen the other two white towels... the whole outside of the engine was covered in thick dried grease like you often find in the gear boxes.

I’ll add some more photos later but I’m now one with O&R... while working on the cutoff saw I was trying to remove a set screw/bolt with quite a bit of force. The slotted head snapped and the screwdriver skewered my hand between my thumb and pointer finger. I ended up at the ER yesterday and when they did x-rays they saw a piece of shrapnel. Apparently half of the screw head that snapped off went with the screwdriver blade and got lodged deep in my hand. I go in for surgery tomorrow morning for them to try to fish it out. You can see in this first photo the half of the screw that chipped off.

C7B9FD0F-B290-457E-847B-7410CFF5EAEA.jpeg

Piece of the screw removed from my hand this morning...

68682F99-6D23-4309-837D-257EA8DCF6BD.jpeg

31 minutes ago, CNew said:

and some trace lead paint

we can tell  :D :yankchain:

Was hoping to get back to cleaning up some tools and engines by now but work is still getting in the way. Crazy busy this year. Forum has been kinda slow recently too and Clint is the only one making progress.

I hear ya, things have been busier than usual here too. Thankful to be employed during times like this, that’s for sure. Hoping to get back into a rhythm on these O&R’s soon!

8 hours ago, Fishmistress2 said:

What’s so special besides the beautiful color? I like to know what I sell..

It's special because it's an O&R powered tool like the many others

Where are you located and how much are you looking to sell for? I'm interested to upgrade mine. Some of the painted parts on there look better but some are worse. Send me a private message