CNew

O&R Tools: Lancaster One-By-One Mini 1-By-1 Water Pump and Sno-Tiger?

Curious if anyone has, or has ever seen, the little O&R water pump called the One-By-One made by Lancaster or the Sno-Tiger (not sure who made it) which looks to be some sort of mini snow blower.

Lancaster pumps are still in business, they did sell chainsaws with O&R engines but I've not yet seen a pump using one.

Some history of Lancaster here, apparently C-B Tool Co were the manufacturer for Lancaster and they bought them out in 1978.

http://vintagechainsawcollection.blogspot.com/2008/11/partner-c6-sweden.html

Orline (O&R) made the Sno-Tiger, we haven't found a survivor yet, possibly because they are fairly large and the casing is supposedly made from plastic, I imagine they were probably all thrown out when the engine stopped working or the plastic fell apart.

275373404_OhlssonRiceSnoTiger.jpg.c5aeff5dbeb38b9cc9b6f45abd05abbe.jpg

David

I bet you’re right, between the flimsy frame and all the plastic shrouds they probably didn’t fair well.  Would be fun to see a picture of a real one though...

22 hours ago, mattblack said:

That axle/handle set up doesn't look too substantial, I bet rust claimed a lot if they were put away wet.

That's certainly possible, I've also had a thought that the plastic housing could be easily damaged if it ingested anything more solid than snow (i.e. stones).

David

Just now catching up after being gone for the week in Europe. Did anyone on here get that Lancaster water pump off eBay?  I didn’t have any connection while I was gone so couldn’t bid on it or anything.

I've not been on here since last Tuesday and may be absent again for a couple of days over the next few weeks, I don't want to discuss why here.

22 hours ago, CNew said:

Just now catching up after being gone for the week in Europe. Did anyone on here get that Lancaster water pump off eBay?  I didn’t have any connection while I was gone so couldn’t bid on it or anything.

I've moved the post about the Lancaster Pump from the Aquabug thread to here.

I never saw it either, not been on ebay the last week either, hopefully someone on here got it.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/193236843806

It appears to be the Lancaster MINI 1-BY-1 pump or MINI one-by-one water pump that we hadn't seen before (at the time this thread was created), by the way this pump is more commonly known as the Orline Gusher pump sold by O&R.

David

Here are some of the pictures saved from the ebay listing, together with some of my Orline Gusher pump.

Lancaster MINI 1-BY-1 pump / MINI one-by-one water pump.

q8a.jpg.7d08999b469b084d004c031cb2a8ec59.jpg q10a.jpg.6b62d8c859a3816d1e0a3275b8d521e2.jpg q5a.jpg.a19a6341f45e6baf95e01027363b5801.jpg

Orline Gusher pump Model 570.

SAM_6782a.jpg.873f8bd75f392f1a281c8107426966a1.jpg SAM_6783a.jpg.6a37f543b2e983aea7b413c6e1bff0ec.jpg SAM_6785a.jpg.1de8f4996e700e70d3a6491f40575f00.jpg g6a.jpg.ecdcbd49fe0a80b2af15c88d97bf9be2.jpg

David