Wallfish

Ohlsson & Rice: Factory Cut-Away 3/4HP Engine Display

The one I posted is not mine either, just a web pic but definitely thought about doing one of these myself. Shouldn't be too hard using a band saw and a Dremel cutoff tool.

I can just about make out that it says 1970's on the brass plaque, which is wrong as the engine actually appears to be a 1960's engine from the style of starter fitted, the black cylinder cooling shield & no extra fins on the crankcase.

I've been keeping all my damaged engine parts for possible reuse to make a similar cut-away engine, but I wouldn't cut-away the hard to find parts such as the air filter & muffler.

David

Edited by factory
Removed redundant link following merging the two threads.

David, 

That would be really cool. I don’t have enough scrap parts or engines to do that yet but a cut-away engine display would be a fun project.

On 11/23/2014 at 10:41 AM, Wallfish said:

The one I posted is not mine either, just a web pic but definitely thought about doing one of these myself. Shouldn't be too hard using a band saw and a Dremel cutoff tool.

Great idea, maybe I’ll look into this at some point. I can probably find a gear box from an old chainsaw or something and use a Dremel cutoff tool to replicate it or I could use my O&R cutoff saw.... J/K