Kamuro

O&R generator parts

Hi there, 

My name is Dave, and I am looking for a spare ceramic power outlet, and cylinder baffles for a o&r generator. Anyone here that might have spares? 

Regards

Dave

I will take a photo if the outlet tomorrow. But it's is the one without ground. Just two slots.  I'm from Sweden. 

Edited by Kamuro

Almost forgot, welcome to the forum.

:WMOM:

I don't think we have had any O&R's turn up from Sweden before, I'm interested to see if your generator is any different to those we already know about. Is there a make and/or model number on the generator?

Those ebay links aren't going to help as they don't ship outside the US as far as I know.

But I could possibly help with the cylinder baffles, but I would need some help to replace the them (I will PM Webhead as I after something too).

David

Thank you. You have a really nice forum here. Allot of interesting diskussion. I will take some photos of it. It's a bit funny to find it here in Sweden. As far as I know, it's a 119v Gen. But we have 220v here. 

I actually tested the ebay link you sent me. It was possible for them to send to Sweden. So thank you for that. 

Regards

Dave

Thanks, we all do our best to help & provide information to keep these little engines going.

O&R's do turn up in Europe occasionally, although Sweden is not mentioned in the 1970's service directory list I have, it may have come from the nearest distributor, which was in Copenhagen Denmark.

You may be interested to know that at least two of the O&R powered generators (the Tiny Tiger & Champ) were actually available with a nominal 230V output.

Good luck with the parts on eBay, last time I attempted to buy from them they said it was possible too, but never modified the listing to add international shipping and because it required immediate payment I was never able to complete the sale (hence why I contacted Webhead).

David

Thank you for the information. It might bee 220v. I have no way of actually telling. There is no marking on the generator. But the outlet is not compatible with 220v. I gues I will have to test this when I get this thing started. I will let you guys know. 

You've reminded me I never uploaded pictures of my TIny Tor generator here, it has the American two pole outlet for 220/240V, perfect for frying 110V appliances if you forget to set them to 230V. :yankchain:

David

On 4/8/2019 at 7:03 PM, factory said:

O&R's do turn up in Europe occasionally, although Sweden is not mentioned in the 1970's service directory list I have, it may have come from the nearest distributor, which was in Copenhagen Denmark.

While editing all the 1962 O&R information I have for the "new manuals thread" I noticed that the service directory list for May 1962 mentions a Swedish distributor; Aktiebolaget AGEBE, 25, Luntmakargatan, Stockholm 3.

David

19 hours ago, factory said:

While editing all the 1962 O&R information I have for the "new manuals thread" I noticed that the service directory list for May 1962 mentions a Swedish distributor; Aktiebolaget AGEBE, 25, Luntmakargatan, Stockholm 3.

David

19 hours ago, factory said:

David

Thank you for the information. It might bee 220v. I have no way of actually telling. There is no marking on the generator. But the outlet is not compatible with 220v. I gues I will have to test this when I get this thing started. I will let you guys know. 

Edited by Kamuro

Cool, thank you for the information. Then it is likely that it came from them. I tried to find som information on that company, but it is not mentioned that much anywhere. 

You seam to sitt on allot of nice information on these little engines. Nice to know. 

These engines was totally unknown to me just a few month ago. But once  I got this little generator, I just love them. Love the craft, and the way they are build. A bit addictive actually. 

Edited by Kamuro

On 4/12/2019 at 6:01 PM, Kamuro said:

Cool, thank you for the information. Then it is likely that it came from them. I tried to find som information on that company, but it is not mentioned that much anywhere. 

Try AB AGEBE, AGEBE Stockholm or just AGEBE, these seem to be the same company, a quick search finds some literature for a Pioneer chainsaw, a Johnson outboard and a few others on 'tradera'

Edit: Found this picture;

Screenshot_2019-04-13.jpg.cef83f251cc08f3ae86b3d44eaa751ae.jpg

On 4/12/2019 at 6:01 PM, Kamuro said:

You seam to sitt on allot of nice information on these little engines. Nice to know. 

These engines was totally unknown to me just a few month ago. But one I got this little generator, I just love them. Love the craft, and the way they are build. A but addictive actually. 

I have lots of information to share, I am slowing adding them to the new manuals thread.

Sounds like the O&R generator could be the start of a collection. :)

David