diesal0035

Ohlsson and Rice type 218 engine, Concrete Saw

Hello all, So I have this wonderful ORline concrete/partner saw that i acquired from my grandfather here in Long Island NY.  Its so beautiful,  i love its vintage look and style.  I wanted to put a value on this saw before I attempted to sell it. Any info wil be greatly appreciated

20190430_160100.jpg

20190430_160030.jpg

20190430_184516.jpg

:WMOM:

The Orline circular saw is fairly scarce, I would be interested too, the last one I saw sold for around $200 (but wasn't in as nice condition).

The parts diagram/list for the Circular saw was uploaded to post #11 in this thread;

David

Well as the diesal0035 hadn't logged in since the first post, I thought I would have a quick look at completed listings and that's when I found it (from the time on ebay it looks like it got listed shortly after Paul replied here).

I think it might have made more if it was left as an auction and of course the ebay listing was US only too. :(

David

P.S. Hopefully these will turn up more often now that there are several threads and some information on here, which will help people better identify these for selling on ePay.

Does anyone know what size blades fit well on these Orline cut off saw?  Is there a more modern blade that might work?

Clint I found a modern blade for you. when I fine the rite one for my saw I will send you this one.

( you better hold on thew)

IMG_3452[1].JPG

Edited by JUST O&R

Great looking saw. Wow, that’s one fierce looking blade!  I haven’t really started to look yet but I will once I know the correct size. I think I’m going to first try to find one of those solid carbide disc style blades without teeth.

The Blade on mine is 8" x 5/8 it looks like that's as big as you can go.

www.ebay.com/itm/8-Turbo-Diamond-Saw-Blade-for-Concrete-Brick-Block-Masonry-Stone/150653866513?hash=item2313ab9211:g:usIAAOxymiVQ921G

ps . shaft is left hand thread.

Edited by JUST O&R

Ok, cool thanks! For some reason it just looks a lot larger. I was thinking maybe it was a 12 or 14” blade. 

Thanks for the heads-up on the left hand thread too!