pmackellow

O&R parts list

I have a copy of this parts manual and it is helpful however...I have a lot of parts by Advanced Engine Products that I need to cross reference and perhaps some are for chainsaws and other O & R equipment.  Does  anyone have a cross # reference or other manuals available. I am trying to sell these parts on Ebay but with no decription it is difficult to list them properly.

I would suggest you add some pictures of the parts you can't identify. Also have you had a look through the information in the manuals sticky thread?

David

Hi Bonnie,

You’ve come to the right place and if anyone is going to have the cross reference, it’s David!  I’m assuming you’re trying to track down that AEP gasket set, part# 400376 I inquired about???

Clint

That seller has had a few parts that interested me in the past, that I couldn't contact them about.

And more recently I tried to give them some helpful info about the engine type those flywheels fit, but was also unable to contact them, not sure if they don't allow any questions or have just blocked international communication (which is unfortunately very common on ePay these days). :(

273178907_Screenshot_2019-05-19Askaquestion.jpg.a1fb0df238fed87cd424e399fcd7c756.jpg

David

David, I don't usually sell overseas but I didn't know that could affect any blocking of questions and responses.  Sorry.  I could also have been out of town?? as we do travel a lot and put Ebay listings on vacation. 

I will try the sticky threads. Thank you.  I will attach a couple of pictures of gaskets, etc I cannot ID that have Advanced Engine Product numbers.  (I have many more)

2019-04-10 11.41.41.jpg

2019-04-10 11.44.32.jpg

2019-04-10 11.46.05.jpg

16 hours ago, CNew said:

Hi Bonnie,

You’ve come to the right place and if anyone is going to have the cross reference, it’s David!  I’m assuming you’re trying to track down that AEP gasket set, part# 400376 I inquired about???

Clint

Thanks Clint. Yes that set is one of the items. Did you find the equipment it is used on?

Hi Bonnie,

I’m not 100% certain but that last picture of the gasket looks like one that was used on an O&R tool called the Groomer. It was a later 13B engine that was fitted with a Tillotson carburetor. I have one of these engines and rebuilt the carburetor. If you search this forum for that posting you’ll see some photos I posted.

I never did find anything else referencing the 400376 or 400377 part numbers. I took a gamble on one set of the 400376 yesterday:)

Clint

2 hours ago, bonnievanderhuls said:

David, I don't usually sell overseas but I didn't know that could affect any blocking of questions and responses.  Sorry.  I could also have been out of town?? as we do travel a lot and put Ebay listings on vacation. 

I don't know why ebay decided it was a good idea to block all international communication either, the screenshot was taken about 5 hours ago. Are you OK selling any of your O&R parts overseas? it doesn't have to be through ebay either.

Do you have any original documentation to sell? Do you have any history of which service place they came from?

Okay here is what I found for the parts, looking through a lot of different engine diagrams;

From 13B-300 and later parts lists (Sept 1973 onwards), not used on earlier engines.

400376 gasket & O ring kit for the engine

400377 gasket & O ring kit for the cylinder only

Used on Compact I,II,III & 13A engines & 13B engines before 1973.

5-14 exhaust collector gasket (lower)

CNew is right, the last one is used on the late (approx 1978) AEP Groomer string trimmers fitted with the Tillotson carb & many other Tillotson carbs (not just for the O&R/AEP), still available in Tillotson carb kits, no complete trimmers have yet been found as far as we know.

201009 carb flange gasket (for Tillotson)

David

Amazing David - you should publish a book some day on this! It would make a great coffee table book filled with pictures of O&R tools, engines, literature, manuals, etc. you have an incredible library of info, I never cease to be amazed.

If I had more time I probably would start a book.

I have a parts diagram from 1963 on the way from Australia to fill a gap in my information, I do hope one day to find some of the obsolete early service bulletins that aren't included in the master service folder, as well as later stuff from 1975 to 1978 (the end of AEP).

David

Super info David and Clint!  David, I could post an inventory list.  I would be open to selling the whole lot.  My problem is the pricing and descriptions are a time consuming treasure hunt for me. I also would like parts to be available for those who need them for their units and Ebay seems a good way.  And yes I would be willing to ship over seas. I quit that when shipping overseas (and here!) got so costly. I will amend my shipping to include the UK.  Do you sell parts to UK collectors?

David is an incredible wealth of knowledge and I’m glad you found the forum and could get some answers (we could all get answers).  Let us know if you decide to post an inventory list, regardless of if you sell as a lot or continue with eBay. I’ve  certainly enjoyed buying parts from you on eBay and I know there are a few of us on here that are always on the hunt for more parts. 

Clint

There is quite a valuable forum that 'ListerDiesel" lists manuals and parts list on.  He has more but has not listed them yet. I copied the IPL for the I, II, and III engines and it came out good.  However I also printed the master parts price list and it has major black outs as does the original he shows in his link. 

http://www.smokestak.com/forum/showthread.php?t=71591

bonnie

Thank you for sharing Bonnie, it’s always great to have more information and documents like these.  Much appreciated!

Clint

19 hours ago, bonnievanderhuls said:

And yes I would be willing to ship over seas. I quit that when shipping overseas (and here!) got so costly. I will amend my shipping to include the UK.  Do you sell parts to UK collectors?

Thanks for adding shipping to the UK, I think the high cost is due to using Priority International, is the shipping calculated by ebay?

Recently Webhead found he couldn't use the USPS online shipping service for First Class International for a couple of small parts I ordered, he sorted that by going to the Post Office.

We don't get to many requests in the UK for parts, I have some reproduction carb diaphragms from Wallfish to help UK and European collectors.

1 hour ago, bonnievanderhuls said:

There is quite a valuable forum that 'ListerDiesel" lists manuals and parts list on.  He has more but has not listed them yet. I copied the IPL for the I, II, and III engines and it came out good.  However I also printed the master parts price list and it has major black outs as does the original he shows in his link. 

http://www.smokestak.com/forum/showthread.php?t=71591

Sadly 'ListerDiesel" aka Peter Forbes passed away in March last year, he was the admin for "stationary-engine.net" aka Fozzers forum, the forum is currently offline, I have no idea if it will ever reappear.

I hadn't seen the other links from "Mike in NC" on smokestak, thanks for posting about that. I have an original of the 1971 master price list, it doesn't tell you which engines the parts are used on and it's not much use for later parts after 1971. My later master service manual is missing the master parts price list.

I will add links to the manuals thread for those.

David

P.S. Bonnie, the flywheels you have on ebay are both for the Series 13B engine, they are listed on the parts diagrams for 13B-401/406 and 13B-413 to 416, they are described as;

400565 flywheel (includes starter springs, dogs and retainers)
400566 flywheel with pins only?

12 hours ago, bonnievanderhuls said:

David and Clint,

I have down loaded my inventory to the download manuals page as I could not attach it to my reply.  Thank you and I hope it will help you out. 

bonnie

PM sent.

Clint, it's in the equipment manuals section (outside the O&R section) which can be found on the right hand side of the main MOM homepage, maybe the filetype is incompatible with posts.

David

Clint, I could not insert this file to my post so I put it in the 'manuals' category of this forum.  It is in the Office/Excel format.  David has asked to purchase the group.  Perhaps you can work with him if you decide you need something from the list. Best wishes and thanks for everything

bonnie

Great list of parts Bonnie, wow!

David, please PM on your plans - I might be interested in a couple parts if you want to try to work something out.

Thanks,

Clint

Edited by CNew
Didn’t complete