18 hours ago, Wallfish said:

there's one for $9 + $3 shipping. Those aluminum pieces are fairly easy to clean up and make nice.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Sears-Mighty-Light-Orline-Chainsaw-OEM-Plate/151651948770?hash=item234f2918e2:g:5EQAAOSwPgxVL~yf

Is this the one you were looking at?

That was the same item I posted, just without all the extra keywords & random letter/number gibberish that ebay URL's give.

22 hours ago, JUST O&R said:

David thanks I tried to buy them from him he has two on there but he would not deal.

I bought a few bits from them about 4 or 5 years ago* when the currency conversion rate was cheaper, they were happy to combine shipping but that was all, low value listings like these don't make for sellers (with all the ebay fees, paypal fees, etc), hence why they can't do much for a deal.

David

*Hence my earlier comment about looking closely at the condition of the parts, some of which are damaged or very corroded.

I know by the time you pay ebay and paypal they eat you up but they have been on there for some time

not Evan combined shipping. but Ill have an extra .

They have only been on there a long time because they weren't listed with Ohlsson & Rice in the title, always good to have spares of those as they are so often missing, despite what the service bulletin says. :yankchain:

347873185_OhlssonRiceServiceBulletinS-E037Aug69NewEngineTypeSerialNumberPlate1a.jpg.346b732a4d2f1f0e896dd10f19489039.jpg

David

On 11/8/2019 at 9:49 PM, JUST O&R said:

Ya OK  WHY ARE THERE SO MANY MISSING ?

Usually the original or previous owner takes it apart after something like the starter mechanism breaks and before the web existed they probably couldn't get parts (after O&R/AEP closed down), or figure out how to get it back together, so left it in bits or never put them back on.

On 11/9/2019 at 5:12 PM, JUST O&R said:

Can anyone tell me if these is the same gearbox as the j- II ser 091196 ??

I will check my info and let you know.

David

Yes the Type 196 has the same gearbox as a Model JIII  (900 R.P.M. reduction, counter clockwise PTO shaft), but the Type 196 engine has a back-shaft with a flat, part no #42-49.

SAM_5594a.jpg.be44e1d9fe4adef50911f0f25265090d.jpg

David.

Thanks David this is the engine I used to repair the toby cart .  A  lot of good parts just would like to

ad numbers to the parts before I put them in a box . Most of my inventory is in the computer

The gear boxes are not in the most of the parts breakdowns .

Thanks for the help

before I got this post done you already replied . That's awesome  Your the best:tthankyou:

Edited by JUST O&R

I've edited my last post as the Type 196 has a back-shaft with flat.

I have two pages from 1964 covering older gearboxes, it's too late tonight to add them to the forum.

David

On 11/5/2019 at 9:07 PM, Wallfish said:

there's one for $9 + $3 shipping. Those aluminum pieces are fairly easy to clean up and make nice.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Sears-Mighty-Light-Orline-Chainsaw-OEM-Plate/151651948770?hash=item234f2918e2:g:5EQAAOSwPgxVL~yf

Is this the one you were looking at?

The worst parts was getting the model ans serial numbers off.

IMG_3177[1].JPG

On 11/10/2019 at 11:09 PM, factory said:

I have two pages from 1964 covering older gearboxes, it's too late tonight to add them to the forum.

Parts diagrams for the gear case models from 1964 have been cleaned up, turned into a PDF and added to the manuals 'sticky' thread.

Note: there may be slightly different parts used in earlier or later gear-cases, for example alloy gears in earlier models, the flat 'D' shaft used for the later clutch (instead of tapered shaft) and updated bearings.

I've only just noticed part of drawing for the clutch assembly has a bit of the print missing, I checked and the original (below) is the same. :blink:

1971509821_OhlssonRiceCompactIndustrialEnginesGearCasesMar1964Page2e.jpg.58b4803d292b18dcd68d7a40a536d868.jpg

David

Just takes a little time after grinding the numbers off had to do something. I couldn't leave the numbers on it

you Can't have a engine with two sets of number . talk about being confused .:banghead:

Thanks David for the diagrams that will help . Would like to tag this parts as I put them in a box:tthankyou:

Well she's down off the shelf and on the counter . need to check it over and get some extra insurance ( just in case )

I hate to put fuel in it because I will have to take the carb back off and clean it . but its on like donkey Kong now !!!!

Need to figure out how to put seat belts on her and away will go.

IMG_3814[1].JPG

IMG_3815[1].JPG

Bravo!

I was hoping that challenge would get ya on it. That's good stuff!

But I thought you were going stand up on it and do some skateboarding tricks like this. :dunno:

th.jpg.0f05e172ea87f244dbb0f3625891d06e.jpg

Alright Clint, get your man hole fan out, it's your turn

1196023809_fanpropelledbike.jpg.680ed42e4f7b5b0811f1eca36348aacb.jpg.e26fe558137558a9e9e2ae090d5bc8ed.jpg

Ha ha, now this is getting good!  I’ve been looking forward to seeing this all day!  That Toby Cart looks fun and sounds good too- nice work getting it all fixed up. Cracked me up, too funny!:hdance: You guys are awesome!

That fan bicycle concept looks interesting. Maybe I can rig up some backpack straps and give it a go sometime.

8 hours ago, CNew said:

That fan bicycle concept looks interesting. Maybe I can rig up some backpack straps and give it a go sometime.

Sometime? Now all the video pressure is on you.

Looks like Terry beat my land speed record so I'll get the bike tuned for the street and give it another go this weekend

Hey guys. I’ve been going through some of my Dad’s old stuff and came across this Toby Cart board. Obviously it has seen better days!  It has been exposed to the elements here in California for a good 20 years. 

My father has owned it since the 60’s, it was complete and functional into the 80’s, but burglars stole the motor. 

As you can see, the aluminum parts are there. Everything is original. The front trucks are frozen, one side handle is missing. The throttle plate on the nose is there. The board is split, but can be used as a pattern to make a new board. The throttle rod is not pictured, but I do have it. It’s rusty, and appears to be cut when the clowns stole the motor unit. 

Does someone need spare parts?  My dad told me these are rare. My web search led me here, so I thought I’d give it a shot. 

C0901765-A0E7-4FAE-9F64-E6358BB4C064.jpeg

B1790317-4C5F-48EE-BE06-DF1494A5AA40.jpeg

16 hours ago, JUST O&R said:

Not much left of that is there any of the motor brackets ? Its to bad that it was cannibalized like that.

This is all that’s left, besides the throttle rod. 

1FB697FE-7688-4064-8D6A-E93CCD883978.jpeg

BD3AD46E-E9A1-44B9-813B-954296ACE808.jpeg