Chris

Bolens 1886

Well finished the wiring tonight & it now cranks over on the key B)

Also got sparks at the plugs you can weld with :D

Made up the new exhaust at work also

If all goes to plan, then I hope to have it running at the weekend. Cant wait :)

Its a K482 Kohler Flat Twin. 18HP

Got to be powerful, its got a 54in mower deck to power :D

Tell me, why dont you see many of these older flat twins any more?? Few of the newer magnums

Would not mind picking up a few more for spares

Good news!

Bolted the exhaust etc back on today & filled the rear end up with fresh ATF & new filter

Got fuel up to the pump & with a few cranks, away she went. With a few carb ajustments it seems to run OK

Will refit the fender & seat etc tomorrow & take it for a test drive. Cant wait :D

Thought I would have a problem! It kept hunting today & did not want to respond well to ajustments :angry:

So I took the jets etc out of the old carb body as they had done less work, cleaned them up & fitted them. Got more responce now.

We will see how it runs when its under load with the deck, which is the next to sort

It will be even bigger when I get the mower deck on B)

I did once own a D200 which I should have kept :angry:

Another pic to show its size. Yes I should have me more happier :D Just like Nigel!! 

Edited by Chris

Yes I like the weathered look about the old girl. Going to keep this one.

I have had a lot of issues with the engine when it gets hot. After alot of head scratching it turns out it was lacking compression.

So treated it to a new set of piston rings & valves B) My good friend Mark came down & we took the engine apart again with his valve seat cutter & we cut new seats & ground the new valves in at the weekend. It now runs better now & will tow the gangs tomorrow & find out.

Edited by Chris