CNew

Ohlsson & Rice: 1968 Devillaine Ouragan with O&R Engine

That seems to be the website of a French Auction house, I see the starter is non-functional as usual and it still made 19000 Euros. :hyper:

Could that be the most expensive O&R powered item?

Devillaine seem to have mostly made pedal cars from what I can find out.

Another one here at a classic car show;

http://www.voitureapedales.fr/devillaine-ouragan/

And another that was advertised for £9500;

https://www.carandclassic.co.uk/car/C923932

David

Edited by factory
Fixed links

Nice, those are elaborate compared to the Murry and other brand pedal cars here in the US during the 50-60s.

8 hours ago, Wallfish said:

There was a guy on the old forum that had one of those cars he was restoring. Believe he was from France.

Earlier today at work I was thinking the name Devillaine sounded familiar, just checked on the web archive now I'm home and found the old thread (now dead of course).

1020901560_Devillainecaronoldforumweb.archive_org.png.e751ca5d32f55068d5ae3136a5e4e251.png

David

Another one of these appeared yesterday on ePay in France, definitely not a work of art in this condition (needs a lot more than some body filler) but does show most of the parts used in the pictures. It had 9 days left when I saw it earlier today, but just noticed it has ended early before posting.

https://www.ebay.fr/itm/143639800300

David

Don't thing my wife would consider letting me look a something like that. never seen one or a picture That's cool . I bet it goes faster then the mini bike or the tody-cart

That's awesome :wub::wub::wub:

It might go faster but I'm not sure any of us could actually fit in one, unlike the mini-bikes or open toby cart.

Shame they cost as much a normal car too.

David

On 6/25/2020 at 8:25 PM, factory said:

Another one of these appeared yesterday on ePay in France, definitely not a work of art in this condition (needs a lot more than some body filler) but does show most of the parts used in the pictures. It had 9 days left when I saw it earlier today, but just noticed it has ended early before posting.

https://www.ebay.fr/itm/143639800300

David

As the ePay link is now dead, here are some pictures from that listing, it was for the remains of two of these cars, some parts had been repaired and a couple of the pictures clearly showed a lot of the parts used for these.

q1.jpg.ce0b2787f7f8d502ebd66431108b134c.jpg

q4.jpg.14b0b436f66175e1d415fba6e8b38666.jpg

q6.jpg.4d1f1da58c5d8ff6ee088e3beaaa0916.jpg

q8.jpg.dc862d349e334e0f993c0d49e87f41c3.jpg

q9.jpg.f06bfe5936414656cb64ea206003fb28.jpg

q11.jpg.535bfa80e18ce4f64e769ab5ac6a3a10.jpg

David

On 3/7/2021 at 3:09 PM, factory said:

As the ePay link is now dead, here are some pictures from that listing, it was for the remains of two of these cars, some parts had been repaired and a couple of the pictures clearly showed a lot of the parts used for these.

q1.jpg.ce0b2787f7f8d502ebd66431108b134c.jpg

q4.jpg.14b0b436f66175e1d415fba6e8b38666.jpg

q6.jpg.4d1f1da58c5d8ff6ee088e3beaaa0916.jpg

q8.jpg.dc862d349e334e0f993c0d49e87f41c3.jpg

q9.jpg.f06bfe5936414656cb64ea206003fb28.jpg

q11.jpg.535bfa80e18ce4f64e769ab5ac6a3a10.jpg

David

Hi

I search a reductor for my ouragan devillaine  do you have one please? 

On 12/20/2023 at 10:12 AM, seb T said:

Hi

Yes it s exactly this parts! With a pulley also

Not sure If I have just the gearbox reducer. Pretty sure I have an engine with one on it.

Do you already have an engine?

Assume you're from Europe so maybe David @factory might have something to help you

For the pulley, you will have to find one or have one made. That is a part specifically from the car

6 minutes ago, Wallfish said:

Not sure If I have just the gearbox reducer. Pretty sure I have an engine with one on it.

Do you already have an engine?

Assume you're from Europe so maybe David @factory might have something to help you

For the pulley, you will have to find one or have one made. That is a part specifically from the car

OK thanks
I am interested in all cases
What is your price ?
Have a good evening

On 12/17/2023 at 4:14 PM, seb T said:

Hi

I search a reductor for my ouragan devillaine  do you have one please? 

Can you share some pictures of your car?

No spare gearboxes here, they are quite hard to find, most engines (that aren't part of a tool) seem to have them removed over here, to use in RC applications.

Also I don't actually know the correct engine model/type with gearbox that was fitted to this car, it's not listed in the O&R model index, ideally we would need several identifications to confirm the correct type, I'm not convinced the one I saved pictures of has it's original engine, it's too clean compared with the rest of the car.

The last guy I helped with parts never replied, when I asked about the type/model. :banghead:

Another question I haven't got an answer for, what is hidden on the inside of that pulley? There has to be a reason why it's extended.

David

20 hours ago, Wallfish said:

Can you share some pictures of your car?

Yes of course 

20231222_184038.jpg

20231222_183952.jpg

6 hours ago, factory said:

No spare gearboxes here, they are quite hard to find, most engines (that aren't part of a tool) seem to have them removed over here, to use in RC applications.

Also I don't actually know the correct engine model/type with gearbox that was fitted to this car, it's not listed in the O&R model index, ideally we would need several identifications to confirm the correct type, I'm not convinced the one I saved pictures of has it's original engine, it's too clean compared with the rest of the car.

The last guy I helped with parts never replied, when I asked about the type/model. :banghead:

Another question I haven't got an answer for, what is hidden on the inside of that pulley? There has to be a reason why it's extended.

David

my engine doesn't come from my car so I don't have the type of gearbox I need and for the pulley I think it's to drive the flywheel on the drive axle
6 minutes ago, seb T said:

Yes of course 

20231222_184038.jpg

20231222_183952.jpg

my engine doesn't come from my car so I don't have the type of gearbox I need and for the pulley I think it's to drive the flywheel on the drive axle

On 12/22/2023 at 6:14 AM, factory said:

I thought that too when I first saw it.But the pulley pictured above appears to be something someone machined. Doubtful there's anything special about it since the gearbox has the centrifugal clutch inside of it. The extension or thickness of it is probably just to fit on the length of the shaft so the shaft doesn't protrude out the end. 

Thanks for sharing the pics of the car Seb T.

That looks like it's in very nice condition for it's age.

Can you please post a pic of where the engine mounts? Just want to try and verify how the gearbox shaft should fit because there are several types.

I do have an engine with a gearbox that's for a Polaris Power pole snowblower which I believe should work for the car.

10 minutes ago, Wallfish said:

Thanks for sharing the pics of the car Seb T.

That looks like it's in very nice condition for it's age.

Can you please post a pic of where the engine mounts? Just want to try and verify how the gearbox shaft should fit because there are several types.

I do have an engine with a gearbox that's for a Polaris Power pole snowblower which I believe should work for the car.

thank you for this snowblower info you will tell me if it works well like that I would do the same on the other hand I think that the motor was never mounted on mine I have no fixing as you can see in the photo

20231224_171030.jpg

I will verify the direction it spins.

Maybe that flat on the pulley is used for reverse. Like it's made to contact the rubber ring on the axle because that will make it go in reverse. But the engine mount would need to move in order to engage it.

seb T  Do you have any engine mounting parts?  It appears like that is missing