factory

The Rocket Line Chainsaw (re-branded Mono)

We had a thread for this one on the old forum, although the post can be found on the web.archive, sadly the pictures can't.

Luckily it was also posted on chainsaw forum "chainsawcollectors.se";

http://www.chainsawcollectors.se/phpbb3/viewtopic.php?f=315&t=22647&sid=664c46ab982b1873f59f4db3329bb16e

It's nice to see another chainsaw that isn't a clone of the Orline ones.

David

I’ll have to add this to the list of items to keep on the look-out. Is the one you have in nice condition, I’d like to see photos:thumbs:

I imagine the Mono badged one would have a different colour scheme & decals to the Rocket version, maybe John can confirm.

David

Looks like the same yellow as I recall but with a MONO brand round circle decal about the same size as that one.

Has the same electrical conduit set up for extending to the air filter.

The saw Jim bought was missing the bar cover and of coarse the decal, but he made a real nice replica using the one on mine as a pattern for both the cover and the decal.

Didn't see anything referring to model 25 on there. Mine is all apart still sitting in the box but I'll pull it out and get some pics.

The paint was horrible on these and think mine probably looks worse than that ebay pic for the rocket line.

57 minutes ago, Wallfish said:

Didn't see anything referring to model 25 on there.

It was listed by "Old Mac Guy" on the chainsaw forum as being in the pictured brochure, 1.34 cubic inches being the 1HP O&R.

290619a.jpg.98f74ee30e16cc4c6edbd569e35a4fa5.jpg

57 minutes ago, Wallfish said:

probably looks worse than that ebay pic for the rocket line.

Are you saying the pictures posted by "wildford" (aka "cortina" on the chainsaw forum) on both forums were originally from ebay?

I did wonder if the Rocket Line version was re-branded for Australia, as the guy who posted the pictures is from Tasmania.

For reference here is a link to the old O&R forum thread for the Rocket Line;

https://web.archive.org/web/20130814203058/http://ohlssonandrice.forumer.com:80/rocket-line-chainsaw-o-r-t1243670.html

David

Nice to see pictures of the Mono version. :thumbs:

It looks to have a custom decal with the cut-out for the starter rivet too, not like those reproduction ones I've seen.

David