ol' Grump

New aquisition

Here are a couple of pics of my new acquisition, a 1993-1995 MTD according to https://www.tractordata.com/lawn-tractors/tractor-brands/mtd/mtd-lawn-tractors.html

The first two pics are when it got dragged home, the last is after cleaning and getting it running again. It had sat for 18-19 yrs in covered storage. All it took was drain the old gas, a set of battery cables and new battery. What surprised me was with the old gas that was in it, the carburetor needed NO work, fresh gas, bit of cranking and away it went like it had been started the day before.

DSC00141 (1).JPG

DSC00139.JPG

DSC00001.JPG

Hi Norm, I've got the deflector and pipe but no hose. Just as well as trying to mow the side lot with at least foot tall grasses would plug that collector up in less than one pass. I'm going to use this as a winter project; drop the mower deck, replace the blades, belts and any bearings that need replaced.  Then come Spring I'll maybe try to sell if and hopefully find a brush hog type mower that I can set up on the Cat D2. The half acre side lot is anything but smooth with up to some 30% grades with lots of small lodgepole pines that the brush hog will be able to mow down.  The Cat can handle that where this little mower would either spin out or try to turn over

I would rather push the tall grass with a Cat than clog a tiny mower deck. 

The big dog always wins equipment wise as you already know...............

Thanks for sharing!!!:)