ianoz

Bit of what i do .

The gold strip miners in the Yukon and Alaska can rip through the permafrost with the D-10's Massive machine indeed. 

I would love to operate one at some point. Guess I'll put it on my bucket list.........:)

Thanks for the pictures ianoz!!!!!!!!!!!

I have been working out at a quarry lately .

Company policy says no photos ,so can't show any of the operation . 

Basicly  it is a limestone quarry .  Rock is blasted then loaded with a 120 ton excavator . 100 ton dump trucks haul up to the crusher stockpile. They cart up around 7000 tons per 10 hour shift  with 2 dump trucks .

Cat 988F feeds the crusher , it then goes through various screens and wash plants  . Each product is then stockpiled .I think there is about 6 loaders that stockpile and load out trucks .

My son and myself have been screening oversize rock . He pulls down a stockpile with a 30 ton excavator and pulls out 500 to 800 MM rocks , the rest is stockpiled to be put through the rock screen . I was on a cat 988B loader ,. so pick up the rock weigh it and stockpile it .

Next we screened the other rock .Son was feeding the rock screen with the excavator .Screen has a Grizzly bar to top so over 300 mm rock slid off and i could pick it up weigh and stockpile . The rockscreen has 3 discharge conveyors  from zero to 75 mm out one . 75 to 150 out the second  and 150 to 300 out the 3rd .

Lucky me got to pick up ,weigh and stockpile the 4 products ..Plus bring the rock closer to the excavator to feed the screen .Kept me busy to say the least .

We then moved over to another stockpile ,This time to crush to make roadbase .We have a Cat D9L to push up to the 30 ton excavator .Excavator feeds an Impact crusher with onboard screen .Roadbase comes off the end conveyor Oversize gets fed into a cone crusher then back to the screen  .

I weigh and stockpile the roadbase and bring the zero to 75 mm rock from the rock screen stockpile over the add to the the rock to be crushed .

Sounds like a good time to me. The Grizzly bar has saved many a Yukon gold strip miner a ton of trouble (at the very least.. And its bad when the bolder you didn't in the bucket breaks the bars.......:lol: )

I understand you can't take pictures and please don't . Your job is way more important than pictures on an internet forum!!!

Thanks for posting this thread. I know for a fact members here are very interested in hearing and reading the heavy equipment threads.

Karl done good in my humble opinion for suggesting you guys make My Old Machine your new home base!!!!!     :thumbs:

LOL , was getting too fat and lazy sitting on the 988B stockpiling at the quarry .

Now at the sand pit.. So at present , on a 45 ton Cat excavator , loading a 773 Cat 60 ton dump truck.Loading and carting the last of the  bedding sand in this area of the pit . Once it is off , then there is coarse sand and gravel layer to load out and stockpile .100_4417.JPG.64c5ba1a323f5a9566bacebd0c4cd39b.JPG100_4416.JPG.429bcc0d6f3ad38a62f43e45f1b345e1.JPG