HeadExam

Newest eBay rant, Don't buy tires on eBay

If you've seen my latest video you will see about 10 complete news sets of tires on my various tractors that I have purchased in the last 1-4 years, I have another 10 with all new tires on them as well. Many of the rear tires were 200 a set (times that by 20), Almost all of these were purchased on eBay, but it came with another price.

As time went by more and more tire sellers were just plain and simple con men, right now I wouldn't buy a tire or tube on eBay for anything. My last attempt was the worst. All I wanted was a set of 5.30-12 trailer tires. I bought the tires on the 3rd of July, delivery was supposed by on the 9th (later changed to the 11th. On the 18th the tires had never moved from their original arrival at a FedEX drop off (later found the notification was a scam too). Neither I nor eBay could get the seller to respond or refund my money. It took eBay 10 days after my request for a refund to issue that refund in order to be fair to the seller (thief).

I left the worst feedback I have ever left for any seller and that's when I found out how the big tire scam works. I saw another set for a similar price and when I hit buy it now, I was unable to bid, the buyer had blocked me. This was NOT the same name of seller that I had done business with earlier, or so I thought. I did the same thing, tried to buy it now on another seller, same thing happened two more times. I had the scammer figured out. Apparently this same seller has dozens of names on eBay and when I left negative feedback he banned me from bidding on any of his names. Wow, that was great news for me anyway. eBay has to know that this seller has multiple names and I'm sure the number of positive reviews are false or fake. eBay is complicit with thieves, because they make money from them.

So I decided to buy locally even if it was more. I made four calls to local tire dealers and found a set ten miles from my house mounted and balanced for 10.00 less than anything on eBay or Amazon. BTW, one of my biggest issues with tire sellers is the banding or squishing of the tires for shipping. You can almost never get the tires to seal unless you use a tube, kind of defeats the purpose of a tubeless tire.

15 hours ago, Stormin said:

I wonder what would happen if you reported your findings to E-bay? Or maybe even the police fraud squad?

I did report my findings to eBay, they said there was nothing against their rules for businesses of having multiple names. While on your side of the pond you may have policemen actually working fraud and theft, its not like that here. Most thefts are handled by police telling the victims to turn in the theft or scam into their insurance company. They wont even write a report anymore unless its someone important.

Could be a drop shipper* with multiple accounts, that didn't have them in stock and couldn't get any quickly, so fobbed you off with shipment tracking delays.

*The worst kind of seller, often copying vast inventories of stuff from other website over & over, till ePay gets saturated with items all the same (insert thumbs down emoji we don't have here!).

There are also a lot of legitimate accounts getting hacked all the time, as soon as the listings get taken down they appear again under another hacked account, the scammers must make enough to keep doing this. :angry:

David

19 hours ago, nigel said:

They are Tyres over here Alain speak English 😂😂😂

Yeah, but I bought them over here, we have a man on our:hide: money, so they're tires, lol

6 hours ago, HeadExam said:

Yeah, but I bought them over here, we have a man on our:hide: money, so they're tires, lol

Yes but we have to translate every thing you post 😂like you say hood we say bonnet ,you say tomaaaatooos we say tommartoos you say fenders we say wings, so do you realy speak English, or do you boys make it up 😂😂😂😂👙

Oh trust me gents, I need a translator for my uneducated American brothers. Many can't spell or speak American English. I might be able to learn another language easier than understand the different dialects in the UK. I'm on the David Brown Tractor Facebook group and many members from Ireland and Scotland as well as many different local dialects. In all fairness I believe this last post was one of the very few that I didn't spell tire with a Y, but no way I can write in local UK dialects, and I realize you may not understand my posts in their entirety,  but at least I produce complete words and sentences with better than average grammar (American). That is not common on the interwebs these days or in public for that matter.