CNew

Ohlsson & Rice: Missed an Ice Auger

I’m sure this has happened to all of us but I thought I’d share my most recent O&R miss.  I was poking around on Craigslist this morning and saw a yard sale add that had some old looking fishing gear and stuff so I decided to click on it just for grins. Low and behold there was an O&R Ice Auger (Herter’s Model) tucked away in a pile of stuff and it looked in really good shape. Of course the yard sale was on its last day but I pinged the listing anyway and sure enough it had already sold. At $20 someone should be very happy while I’m bummed... all part of the hunt I guess.

Yeah  Ive had thing like that happen. Was walking in to a tractor show a man was walking out with an outboard he side

he payed $35 for it. My wife said it wasn't meant to be. ( She just thinks I have to many now )  I told her just give me some

time I will find more .

I'm sure you will have a much better chance of finding another Auger than we have over here in the UK, keep looking you will find one.

You also missed the running Lancaster (or rebrand) 20A chainsaw, that went for very little on ePay, I hope it went to someone on here.

On 8/4/2019 at 3:00 AM, CNew said:

The day turned out ok after all since I was able to pick up the Pony Express engine.:hyper:

And as you found a Pony Express so easily, I had to borrow this award from another forum for you, I've not seen one for years (edit: I've only ever seen one sold before).

image.png.b65f297f750a97b39be905f389ab04fe.png

David

I didn’t realize the Pony Express was so hard to come by, I feel even better about it now.  I like the donut award:woohoo:  I saw another one earlier this summer while at a tractor show Andrew it was mounted on a bicycle. The guy wanted Way too much money.  I of course had to pass at his price and I’m glad I did as the one I just got is in much better condition.