Wallfish

Replacement starter rope

Just figured this item number may help if anyone wants to replace the starter rope(s) on their engines. Especially the ones where the engine and or tool has been refurbished or rebuilt.  It closely matches the original braided rope.

It's fairly inexpensive and 100 ft goes a long way.

IMG_0353.JPG.79968639c317c444e6b8fff3d1fa45da.JPG

IMG_0354.JPG.0533e401241e9b4e22976ca234bf3008.JPG

Here's on spot to buy but possibly cheaper if you search around

https://www.stenspartswarehouse.com/Stens-145-600-p/145-600.htm

Well I give up, I couldn't find any German made 7/64" (2.8mm) braided starter cord over here without stripes, nor could I find the OEM Stens buy it from, there was some similar looking stuff from the Shenzhen Market if you don't mind the long wait.

Anyway I don't like using them but Bezos.com have it for £12.11 including shipping & customs fees from the US, not a bad price, so it's been ordered.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001OK8J1W/

David

Not sure that I’m understanding the exact nature of the question but Stens products are distributed in the UK by 

Hi-Level Enterprises Ltd of Doncaster, DN3 1RA.

Their 2018/19 Stens Big Blue book lists Premium Commercial Solid Braid, Premium Domestic Diamond Braid and Trublue heavy duty solid braid, all available in 2.78mm.

Just thought I would give my two cents about recoil knobs scene we are fixing recoils I found a place to get them .

just need to drill the holes and paint .

IMG_2768[1].JPG

IMG_2774[1].JPG

16 hours ago, Wristpin said:

Not sure that I’m understanding the exact nature of the question but Stens products are distributed in the UK by 

Hi-Level Enterprises Ltd of Doncaster, DN3 1RA.

It wasn't really a question, John found some starter cord that looks similar to the original type used by O&R, i.e. a diamond braided cord with no stripes.

Also Stens don't actually make the cord themselves, they source it from Germany & re-brand it. I was trying to find a European brand that have the same type available, as it can't be very cost effective to ship it from Germany to the US then the UK. :dunno:

I have had a look at the Hi-Level website but they don't seem to give prices, do you need to register to find out?

13 hours ago, JUST O&R said:

Just thought I would give my two cents about recoil knobs scene we are fixing recoils I found a place to get them .

Are they the same diameter as the original ones? I bought some similar (but slightly larger) wooden balls a few years ago, I only ended up using one as Webhead surprised me by including some original ones with some parts I bought from him.

David