the showman

A Towney Trying To Catch A Rat.

Got a Rat that keeps running across the back of my garden, I found a trap at a recent show for  £2 and thought I’d try and catch it before ringing the council. I think it’s coming from the fast food shop at the bottom of my road.

Ive set the trap in the run that it uses with peanut butter but he seems to be eating it but not tripping the trap, is Ronny street wise and jumping over flap or his he not heavy enough to trip it.

27076C93-61B6-4F3A-8549-B979F73B2D81.jpeg

I've had great success with poison, but it doesn't work for possums or coons. I've tried the cage traps with poor results, bait gone and sometimes door tripped, but no critter. For the larger critters I use leg traps like the trappers use, and dispatch them with an antique spanish tool. I take them to the back of my 20 acres and let the buzzards dine.

20180213_190438.jpg

I finally caught one in a cage trap, even being careful the bullets do damage the cages slightly but not as bad as it does to the possum. I have a place in the back corner of the 20 acres were I serve up the carcasses for any and all that need a free meal. That makes one male in the cage and a female in the leg trap, but low and behold another one showed up on the camera along with two raccoons and four whitetail deer. The buck was a velvety 6 pointer.

possum2.jpg

Did you get the critters Chris?

I have that problem everytime we get wet ground.. they like my Nissen Hut amongst logs etc, however..they aren't so clever with Nightsights and PCP air gun.....

On 8/30/2019 at 1:37 AM, Stormin said:

Those gin traps as we call them, are illegal over here. As for your dispatching tool, the hassle in owning one of those is unbelievable. 

I caught another possum in the trap, (3) the buzzards were already flying overhead awaiting their meal. In my state we are allowed to carry a sidearm loaded on our person without any permit, and I do.