Sign in to follow this  
Anglo Traction

Drillgine Jigsaw puzzle !!

I know there is a lot experience and knowledge of these O&R enigne powered machine on here, so  I thought I'd dip a toe in the water and post this sorry sight in a Tray-

DSC02136.JPG.60ed76bebe88b7a0a14d3e8cee75eca6.JPG

From a quick scan of the topics on here, I presume the red paint indicates an early-ish model.

The engine cowling is a devoted effort by someone in the past to repair or keep running this unit without replacement parts being available, as the retractable pullstart is long gone.

Being offered it, I'm tempted to have a go at it, but doubt if I could get it back to original appearance, the cost and availablility of parts and the current condition.

The only numbers I could see on the motor are shown here-

DSC02137.JPG.38094934643d947c86d7b55486b546aa.JPG

This being in the UK will not be so easy to sort, so may put under the bench for some 'over winter' repair therapy?.

Regards 

Doesn't look too bad to me, most of the other commonly missing engine parts are still with it, but did it come with the chuck key?

There should be a model letter or number stamped into the opposite crankcase flange.

I'd be interested in re-homing it too as I haven't got an earlier Drillgine.

David

10 minutes ago, factory said:

Doesn't look too bad to me, most of the other commonly missing engine parts are still with it, but did it come with the chuck key?

There should be a model letter or number stamped into the opposite crankcase flange.

I'd be interested in re-homing it too as I haven't got an earlier Drillgine.

David

I asked first ! :D

Your right Paul, I'm not quick enough. :hide:

The engine is possibly a Type 100, there is some overlap with serial numbers & 3/4HP/0.85HP engines at time this was made, but the lack of fins on the crankcase suggests that it is most likely to be a 3/4HP one. My information also suggests it should have a plastic reed valve.

David