Joseph

1962 Bolens 600

We have started work on a new project, a 1962 Bolens 600. This tractor has been modified in the past and has lots of challenges. The tractor was bought in 2005 and has been in storage ever since. Like our other projects, I find it easier to record video rather than write up what we are doing, here is the first part

That'll keep you busy for a while, Joseph.

Just a point with your video's. Can you keep nearer to the mic'? I find it a tad hard to hear what your saying. Going deaf/deafer in my advancing years. :rolleyes:

This is the second part of our 1962 Bolens 600 project. In this video we fit new tubes to the rear tyres to make the tractor more mobile.

In this video I tried to talk a bit louder, Norm let me know if this is better

I could hear you load and clear there, Joseph. :thumbs:

I couldn't really tell on the video, so I've a little tip for you. When fitting tyres, smear some of your mothers washing up liquid round the tyre edge. Helps the tyre slide on and seat properly on the wheel.

Just don't tell Mum and Dad I told you. ;)

23 hours ago, Stormin said:

I couldn't really tell on the video, so I've a little tip for you. When fitting tyres, smear some of your mothers washing up liquid round the tyre edge. Helps the tyre slide on and seat properly on the wheel.

We used tyre soap on the edges but it did help too much, I could not believe how stiff those tyres were. I will try some washing up liquid next time, thanks

23 hours ago, Alan said:

I see Dad has left you to do all the work again Joseph.  I think it's about time you sacked him. :poke:  Another good video, and nice to see the tyre machine, and you, in action. :thumbs:

Thanks, the tyre machine is great although the cylinders will need to be rebuilt when time allows. Dad does hold the camera  :rolleyes:

On 10/12/2019 at 9:35 PM, Stormin said:

Joseph. I just hope it is not Fairy's washing up liquid!!! :hide::jaw::omg::yankchain:

2 hours ago, Triumph66 said:

I just hope it is not Fairy's washing up liquid!!!

That's the best. Keeps your hands soft and smooth. Gets the grease and oil off as well. Just make sure you wipe the bottle before you put it back. :thumbs:

A bit more progress on the 600. To make repairs easier we removed all the panels. Some were easier to remove than others and we found a few surprises.

Alan, dad did help a little, once I had woken him up :-)