factory

O&R Model F with gearbox 900 R.P.M.

Very nice- what is it attached to?

2 hours ago, JUST O&R said:

Its about time you got a project started. Doing the carb on the h as we seek Its about half done .

IMG_3200[1].JPG

IMG_3201[1].JPG

Nice!  Yeah, it’s hard to pass up those opportunities. 

Your H engine looks like it’s coming along nicely!

1 hour ago, CNew said:

Nice!  Yeah, it’s hard to pass up those opportunities. 

Your H engine looks like it’s coming along nicely!

looks like that is a nice unit :yankchain: the one i'm working on is a shelf unit has a chain sprocket on it but  no plans for it at this time.

This one may be a shelf unit too. I don’t have any immediate plans for it in an application but we’ll see. I need to start tackling my Aquabug

project!

On 11/14/2019 at 10:47 PM, Wingnut said:

Found this model H  O & R engine at our local auction today.O & R model H

Nice find, looks in need of a good clean and as usual the starter mechanism needs repairing.

Apart from the air cleaner assembly I can't see anything else missing in the above picture.

David

Will shes done this one didn't take to long tank was the worst. now on to the next ? what will that be:scratchhead:

( yes it has the wrong coil )

IMG_3203[1].JPG

IMG_3202[1].JPG

IMG_3204[1].JPG

Edited by JUST O&R

Ahhhh, that makes sense. At first I thought you pulled al the dents out somehow. That’s a really awesome job with the full and finish!

3 hours ago, JUST O&R said:

Will shes done this one didn't take to long tank was the worst. now on to the next ? what will that be:scratchhead:

( yes it has the wrong coil )

Very nice :thumbs:, there is nothing wrong with using the replacement coil, that is exactly what would have been fitted if one had failed in the past. Did the replacement coil fit the starter housing OK? I found out that an older coil doesn't fit a newer housing. Did you get the original insulator cap for the spark-plug when you bought the engine?

David

body filler.

IMG_3175[1].JPG

IMG_3176[1].JPG

I get in the tanks first with these and push out as much as I can. I have bent them to get were I need to go first

IMG_3205[1].JPG

That tank looks like new now, excellent repair.

Are those modified spark-plug/screwdriver tools that come with engine powered garden tools?

David

12 hours ago, factory said:

Very nice :thumbs:, there is nothing wrong with using the replacement coil, that is exactly what would have been fitted if one had failed in the past. Did the replacement coil fit the starter housing OK? I found out that an older coil doesn't fit a newer housing. Did you get the original insulator cap for the spark-plug when you bought the engine?

David

The coil fit rite in place the wire was to long and cracked had to do a little repair there. I don't like using new parts because once you put them on an engine there gone.

still have a few used ones to use first. Yes I got the insulator cap with the Engine I'm missing about 6 of them don't know what I'm going to put it on.

p.s. Those are plug wrenches 

Edited by JUST O&R

For th insulator cap would it be possible to wrap a little foil around it and then use heat shrink tubing to make a custom fit cap (then remove the foil of course)?

17 hours ago, JUST O&R said:

body filler.

IMG_3175[1].JPG

IMG_3176[1].JPG

By the way, what brand/color of red paint do you use- that’s a pretty nice match to original O&R?

2 hours ago, CNew said:

For th insulator cap would it be possible to wrap a little foil around it and then use heat shrink tubing to make a custom fit cap (then remove the foil of course)?

@usedtoolman did a write up a while back on some he did using the tool handle dip stuff. They came out really nice and resembled the originals pretty closely.

Stuff like this in black

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Dip-and-Grip-Rubberized-Plastic-Coating-8-fl-oz/114063539?sourceid=csebr0339853b01ce1b488d883413eb59d01d2f&wmlspartner=bizratecom&affcmpid=3179675693&tmode=0000&veh=cse&szredirectid=15740028324123095426410070301008005

52 minutes ago, Wallfish said:

@usedtoolman did a write up a while back on some he did using the tool handle dip stuff. They came out really nice and resembled the originals pretty closely.

Stuff like this in black

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Dip-and-Grip-Rubberized-Plastic-Coating-8-fl-oz/114063539?sourceid=csebr0339853b01ce1b488d883413eb59d01d2f&wmlspartner=bizratecom&affcmpid=3179675693&tmode=0000&veh=cse&szredirectid=15740028324123095426410070301008005

What about something like this in the correct size?  https://intothewind.com/gray-caps-337-350-inch-spars.html

I like that stretch that out at the bottom and maybe heat it with a heat gun to swell it a little that would be almost perfect.

Will try that thanks .  If you made a small template  that dip-and- grip looks like it would work great too.

Might just have to try that too. I will let you know!

Usedtoolman Jim is a machinist and he did exactly that with using a template he made to match the original caps.

I like the cap idea Joe posted too. Kind of funny how the picture they use to sell them looks like the bottom of it was cut off with a clam shell.

I thought @usedtoolman might have machined a mould to make those spark-plug caps.

If you need a later style cap then Tecumseh part no. #610118 is the same, just make sure it's an original one and not a later version (with same part no.) before buying, been there bought the wrong one got the t-shirt. :banghead:

828365305_o.jpg.68bf759fc1d11386df3b2c6390f6bb76.jpg

David

By the way, what brand/color of red paint do you use- that’s a pretty nice match to original O&R?

•  
11 hours ago, CNew said:

IMG_3207[1].JPG

IMG_3208[1].JPG